Biomarker Experimental Medicine Leader (BEML) - Ophthalmology
The Biomarker Experimental Medicine Leader (BEML) – Ophthalmology, will be accountable for developing and delivering molecular and imaging biomarker strategies within NORD in particular Ophthalmology. This includes enabling testing of biological and clinical hypothesis, including methods for establishing target engagement, Pharmaco-dynamic responses, patient selection and stratification and measuring disease progression.
The remit includes programs from late preclinical through Phase 3 and preparation for market authorization and filing. You will develop therapeutic area biomarker strategy and contribute to therapeutic strategy of Ophthalmology and Lead biomarker subteams and be a member of clinical and project teams as applicable.
You will be accountable for molecular and imaging biomarker data in trials involving blood- and Aqueous humour-based assays, ensuring standardization of methodologies across sites and countries, highest data QC, monitoring of sites and CROs, and protocol compliance
- Guide diagnostic biomarker development and PHC strategy
- Design, edit, write and review protocols and study reports for experimental medicine and clinical pharmacology studies from early proof-of-concept through global Phase III
- Work with statisticians on analysis plans involving molecular and imaging biomarker endpoints.
- Liaise closely with cross-functional study team members, providing expert input on data review and interpretation
- Explore and develop novel opportunities to integrate biomarker studies into late stage development
- Publish data in top-tier journals, attend and present at international meetings
A PhD or MD with strong focus on the application of Ophthalmology biomarkers in clinical development and disease understanding is required along with at least 5 years post-doc experience in molecular and imaging biomarker research, ideally including relevant practical experience in pre-clinical or clinical image analysis in ophthalmology. In depth understanding and practical expertise in the development of molecular assays and data review is needed.
Your capacity to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, proactive attitude, problem-solving capacity and ability to work independently is required. Collaborative experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry-based research, including expert knowledge of data acquisition and analysis within large-scale multi-center trials. Strong international network in biomarker research, and including representation in pre-competitive consortia.
- Strong publication record
- Strong influencing skills: proven abilities to get things done without formal authority
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills: proven abilities to manage multiple, often complex and sometimes competing, objectives, goals and other priorities to effective and efficient conclusion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
Get in touch with the Recruiting Team Switzerland +41 61 68 225 50
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > ResearchBasel Headquarter