A deeply skilled Infrastructure Engineer in a specific infrastructure solution area who thrives in solving a variety of complex business problems through practical and ingenious application of technologies.
Our Senior Engineers work on complex issues and needs where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, including technology dependencies, inter-organizational impact and systems thinking approaches.
They have in-depth knowledge in at least two technology areas within their infrastructure solution area and a working knowledge of a majority of the solutions in their space. They have a detailed understanding of how the IT infrastructure in their areas of responsibility impacts respective Roche business processes.
They contribute to and technically lead challenging projects which require deep technical knowledge and infrastructure engineering skills. They are accountable and responsible for decision-making in technical design, build and testing, in the context of the projects/ activities to which they are assigned. In doing so, they exercise sound judgement, balanced with effective consultative engagement of key stakeholders, in the methods and techniques chosen to obtain the desired results.
They have the required skills, experience and depth of knowledge to be able to influence significantly both IT Infrastructure vendor product selections and improvements.
- To lead and contribute to the end-to-end design of infrastructure solutions and the creation and maintenance of related component standards
- To produce and maintain sufficient documentation for the designs, design patterns, and component standards created or maintained
- To interact with senior internal and external partners on significant technical matters as they relate to prioritized objectives
- To strengthen the overall Engineering community by building bridges and collaborating with Principal Engineers, Senior Engineers, Engineers and Associate Engineers in other infrastructure solution areas
- To contribute to determining success criteria and evaluation of promising solutions/technologies via Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and feasibility studies across two or more areas within their infrastructure solution area, as they relate to meeting Roche’s business needs
- To architect (as solution architect), design, build, test, and implement (first-time deployments) integrated, resilient and reliable solutions in multiple solution areas
- To lead small-to-medium sized technical teams for specific objectives in medium-to-large initiatives (projects, lifecycle work, Proofs of Concept, etc.) and to provide the expert guidance required to drive technical developments in these initiatives
- To advise, influence, collaborate with, and integrate feedback from various IT partners including Enterprise Architects, Solution Owners, Component Owners and line-of-business stakeholders
- To ensure designs and solutions in their respective infrastructure solution area align and adhere to the organization’s Technical Architecture Framework (TAF) policies, standards and directions
- To map the technology roadmaps into portfolio projects/activities and to estimate resources, dependencies, risks, and timelines required to deliver these projects/activities successfully
- To contribute to the efforts to estimate Engineering resources and timelines to deliver projects/activities successfully
- To contribute to and/or write position papers, white papers, technical recommendations and best practices including use cases for their infrastructure solution space
- To remain proactive and aware of operational challenges and opportunities and work with support team staff to resolve incidents and major incidents
- To ensure solutions and components implemented comply Quality/Regulatory standards, as applicable