The TAL is a core member of the Immunology, Inflammation and Infectious Diseases Discovery & Translational Area (I3 DTA). He/she has the strategic lead of the assigned TA and works in close collaboration with the other members of the translational medicine team and the discovery scientists in the DTA. He/she reports into the Head Translational Medicine in the DTA and may have 1 or more direct reports.
As TAL your primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the overall vision/strategy for the project incorporates strategic options in alignment with Disease Area Strategy, time, cost and risk and addresses technical, regulatory, business and operational needs
- Developing and delivering clear communications of program strategy, progress and needs across the organization, articulating messages clearly and concisely adapted to the objectives and needs of the audience; Creating a positive team environment that instills trust; Ensuring clear transparent communications and getting the team behind the overall goal/vision for the project
- Defining translational medicine and biomarker strategy and delivering activities with sub team and key medical interfaces in Pharma Development, including Regulatory & Biostatistics
- Leading, motivating and organizing the program team to execute a cutting-edge project strategy in accordance with its goals and budget from Clinical Candidate Selected to readiness for phase III, assuring deliverables are met for clear decision making and project transition to lifecycle
- Supporting the identification, the assessment and the internalization of external opportunities for the I3 DTA in collaboration with partnering and pRED functions
- Proposing, establishing and leading external collaborations to address strategic and tactical needs of DTA.