The Translational Medicine Leader (TML) Oncology is a core member of the well-established Oncology Translational Medicine Group. The TML leads the exploratory medicine strategy for early oncology drug assets. He/She is the key medical expert on the Global Project Team and ensures alignment of the development strategy with the overall Roche/GNE disease area strategy. Furthermore the TML owns and drives the exploration of clinical-translation data to design the clinical development strategy for new compounds (both small and large molecules). A TML also shapes the hypotheses to be tested clinical experiments.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- You are the medical lead and single point of contact for all medical questions in the exploratory phase of early oncology drug development (including Phase 2)
- You lead the Clinical Expert Team (CET) and will represent the CET in the Global Project Team
- We ask you to represent the main interface between Oncology Translational Medicine and (1) Oncology Discovery, (2) Clinical Operations, and (3) Business, for project-related activities
- Working closely with the Biomarker Experimental Medicine Leader to develop biomarker strategies also belongs to your tasks
- You support target and clinical candidate selection. Furthermore you are accountable for the design and the clinical and scientific content of experimental medicine studies to evaluate and validate targets.
- We ask you to propose, establish, assess and lead external collaborations to address strategic and tactical needs
- You assure GCP, Clinical Operating Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures are followed, and you are responsible for safety management (jointly with Drug Safety)
- You support protocol development for experimental medicine and clinical pharmacology studies
- Potentially you will have line management responsibility for clinical scientists and clinical science specialists
- In any case the responsibility for budget and manpower planning, performance management and personal development of reports is one of your tasks