Senior Manager / Molecule Lead, Pipeline & Portfolio Planning (PPP) Late Stage (Breast Cancer Focus)
The individual works closely in guiding disease area teams, lifecycle leaders and senior management in making critical product development and portfolio decisions by:
- Advising life cycle leaders on significant development decisions and lifecycle plans
- Partnering closely with Global Product Strategy (e.g. Franchise Heads and Lifecycle Leaders) and Product Development (e.g. Global Development Team Leader) for late stage projects to optimize value of a molecule
- Performing business case assessments for development decisions, including valuation of various options to be considered by the lifecycle team
- Providing context for decisions, both disease area and portfolio context, to help teams understand how decisions will be perceived by senior management / late-stage portfolio committee (LSPC)
- Supporting Disease Area Strategy and lifecycle strategy projects, both in terms of ‘where to play’ decisions (e.g. market prioritization, product market selection) and ‘how to win’ decisions (e.g. clinical strategy, diagnostic strategy, access strategy)
- Playing a critical role in broadly influencing product development and advancing treatments for oncology patients.
Representative responsibilities include:
- Serve as an active core team member on multiple Lifecycle Teams (LCT) and Disease Area Team (DA) teams to support the development of externally competitive and internally aligned strategies
- Advise on prioritization of development and strategic options with clear perspectives on strategic context, value proposition, key risks, contingency plans, and provide a formal recommendation
- Facilitate Life Cycle Teams and Disease Area teams engagement with the Late Stage Portfolio Committee by identifying critical business questions, framing the solutions, and simplifying the decision processes
- Partner with early stage (gRED and pRED) PPP lead to develop understanding of Roche pipeline across all development stages. Support g/pRED teams for timely and smooth asset transition from early to late stage.
- Support external partnering opportunities
- Represent PPP in leading cross-functional initiatives and processes, including executive presentations and strategy development