This position is responsible for mid to long term strategic development of digital diagnostics solutions & biomarkers business (2/3 to 10+years), lead and contribute Digital Biomarker Landscapes activities to the Division and drive the appropriate socialization within Diagnostics, assesses new opportunities for Digital Biomarkers and Diagnostics tools, contributes to the assessments of Licensing and M&A opportunities for the Diagnostics Division and can drive Due Diligence processes in this space. As appropriate, this position will liaise with Pharma for shared due diligence and projects run in collaboration in the Digital Health space. Additionally, it contributes and drives the “Early engagement program’’ and can effectively manage resources participation, contributes to Accelerator/Incubator projects (if applicable) and drives digital initiatives in Diagnostics – when required.
Strategic Development Responsibility:
• Contributes to identifying the needs and leads Biomarker Landscapes (WANT) activities across the Diagnostics Division, with a mid to long term perspective.
• Protects our portfolio value by delivering new biomarkers, tests, assays and/or technology/ data solutions which contribute to the growth of the overall business and to the advancement of diagnostics, medicine and patient care.
• Executes biomarker strategy through respective BA contacts. Oversees internal biomarker project selection and direction
Business Development Responsibility:
• Manages biomarker assessments with business area assessment project teams. Oversees that results of assessments (recommendations, action plans, company contact, etc.) are readily communicated and implemented.
• Oversees feasibility projects conducted at external sites and ensures that BA interests are addressed in experimental planning.
• Collaborates with divisional M&A, Licensing Teams and corporate venture group to solidify technical Due Diligence projects
• Builds and maintains an external network of contacts to companies and TTOs, government agencies, national advisory boards, key scientists and customers in relevant fields to better identify biomarker/product innovations that have high value to Roche Diagnostics.
• Recognized as a senior authority within the organization to lead biomarker assessment approach with expert advice and trend information to strengthen the current business as well as entering new markets
• Responsible for management of complex project and/or departmental budgets and project timetables
• Drives WANT process for Biomarker Landscapes across the Division and the ideation process across the Business
• Directs the planning of biomarker assessment projects on specific topics that are of current or strategic importance to respective BA and/or diagnostics division.
• Translates organization strategy and understands customer needs and market situation to ensure biomarker opportunity is in line with BA's strategic focus.
• Leads matrix project teams selected from corresponding scientific and business development groups
• Makes clear recommendations and lays out action plans. Compiles final reports and present results/recommendations to divisional management and senior management teams of BA
• Serves as the primary contact for external innovation across all functions within Roche Diagnostics.
• Interacts across the BA and Divisional functions on a regular basis.
• Analyze ROI for Biomarker activities across portfolio, examine areas of refinement and identifies opportunities for improvements
• Drives Early engagement program from the Biomarker function, assessing resources needs and assignments and/or providing content