The Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases (NORD) Translational Area (DTA) of Roche Pharmaceutical Research & Early Development (pRED) has an opening for a Lab Specialist/Principal Associate position within the Ophthalmology department located in Basel, Switzerland. This group of Roche scientists is focused on the clinical translation of therapeutic approaches for eye diseases, including age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma.
We are seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and talented associate to perform in vitro and in vivo experiments, explore and validate novel therapeutic targets for ocular diseases. In this position you will interact closely with other scientists/associates in a laboratory that is focused on developing new therapeutics for ocular diseases.
- Test candidate therapeutics using in vitro and in vivo disease models and perform ocular dissections with subsequent sample preparation for primary cultures and/or downstream analyses (histopathology, microscopy, proteomics, RNA-seq)
- Isolate cells from ocular tissues; maintain 2D and 3D cell culture systems
- Perform subsequent analysis by TEER, immunohisto-/ cytochemistry, microscopy, image analysis, RNA-seq, Western Blot, ELISA, Luminex and qPCR
- Conduct cell culture assays, such as proliferation, migration, viability, and tube formation experiments
- Maintain up to date databases and experimental records in accordance with corporate and regulatory guidelines