Manages and oversees all activities of the Customer Service and Support Center which assist Roche customers in multiple and diverse businesses in ordering of product and researching all customer order issues including order status, backorders, reserve lots, and credit and collection issues. Monitors, analyzes, reports and acts on information to increase efficiency, optimize processes and improve customer service. Participates with senior management to establish strategic plans and objectives for multiple and diverse customer support functions. Develops business plans and goals to achieve customer contact strategy. Makes final decision on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
Assist the Director in overall operations of assigned department. Generally will have at least 5 direct reports, but must have at least 2 or more subordinate employees. Manages a large department or smaller but highly complex department. Contributes and achieves results through the management of supervisors and/or subordinates. Establishes and manages the department's budget and all assigned resources. Provides leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved. Directs and implements tactical plans. Has full discretion on all employment decisions for department staff including hiring, training, performance management, and progressive disciplinary actions.
Ensures the RDC Quality Policy is understood, implemented and maintained in the organization. Establishes and maintains an adequate organizational structure, provides adequate resources and establishes appropriate management controls to ensure their group is suitable and effective to satisfy regulatory requirements and the company’s quality policy and objectives. Performs the quality planning to drive continuous improvements and changes of the RDC quality system to ensure ongoing effectiveness and efficiency. Develops and drives a work culture committed to compliance, quality and customer focus. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
1. Provides effective leadership and management of staff. Assists the director in recruitment, retention, development, coaching, mentoring, training and assessing performance feedback for assigned staff.
2. Assist the Director in developing and implementing both short and long term goals.
3. Partners with internal departments including warehouse, traffic, planning, sales, marketing, IT to resolve diverse order fulfillment issues affecting the customers. Develops customer specific support strategies.
4. Develops and manages departmental expense budgets. Provides departmental activity reports as directed by the Director. Assist the Director in business reviews. Participates and leads in overall business process improvement initiatives.
5. Establishes and maintains performance monitoring process. Analyzes, interprets and makes recommendations on Customer Satisfaction to identify areas of improvement for routine and non-routine issues. Leads cross-functional Customer Experience review team focused on improving and optimizing customer satisfaction with the order fulfillment process.
6. Oversees escalated customer service issues which require a formal investigation, troubleshooting or process improvement with focus on excellence in customer experience. Visits/has direct interaction with large high value customers.
7. Assist Director in stakeholder relationships with assigned business area(s) including direct interaction with Senior Leaders and participation in Sales Meetings.
8. Develop and negotiate strategies to support business units’ operating goals.
9. Responsible for budget planning and adherence to approved plan.
10. Actively involved in IT systems projects from design through implementation. Serves as key interface to IT for complex issue troubleshooting, resolution and contingency planning.