Roche provides integrated, high-performance analytical systems to optimize laboratory management from pre-analytical to post-analytical processes. We develop high quality solutions for diagnostics laboratories - from analyzers and test reagents to work-flow solutions. To maintain its leadership in technology and quality, Roche minimizes third party products with more than 75 percent of its assay portfolio developed and manufactured in-house. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are the reason for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As an Associate Field Engineering Specialist, Roche Support Network-Centralized Diagnostics you will serve as a new technical repair or installation specialist for Roche products. You will provide routine technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects of system equipment. You will also perform on-site service, repair and/or installation of company product(s). This may include any aspect of field support and is not limited to mechanical/system hardware and software, networking/wireless networking. This will include diagnosing mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using established procedures.
The successful Associate Field Engineering Specialist:
• Follows standard practices and procedures to install, maintain and repair Roche Diagnostics’ equipment. Identifies and analyzes current problems and repairs where possible or escalates to higher levels when repairs are not possible. Schedules and performs preventative maintenance per department policy. Monitors customer equipment performance and is able to respond and resolve most routine issues. Refers complex problems and issues to higher levels.
• Responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Roche equipment and related products. Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base. Manages customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality.
• Identifies revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, implements the Roche Diagnostics service agreement policy, and seeks out opportunities to market service contracts to existing customers.
• Provides routine technical support to existing customers, including operator troubleshooting training when needed.
• Completes and documents all service and customer account related reports, updates, and emails in a timely and professional manner, compliant to all quality procedures.
• Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property.
Must live within 50 miles of Birmingham. This position will be supporting one location. Limited travel besides the first year of training.