Associate Field Engineering Specialist - Clinical Chemistry - Roche Support Network - Birmingham, AL
Territory: Must live within 50 miles of Birmingham, AL or open to relocation. This position will be supporting one location. Limited travel besides the first year of training.
Position: Wednesday through Sunday
This is an exciting time to join Roche Support Network. If you are passionate for problem solving then this is the position for you! As a research-focused healthcare company, Roche discovers, develops and provides innovative diagnostics and therapeutic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals - from early detection and prevention of diseases to diagnostics, treatment and treatment monitoring. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
The Roche Support Network group is committed to providing industry-defining support to its customers. As an Associate Field Engineering Specialist, you will have the opportunity to travel and demonstrate your expertise as a technical repair and/or installation specialist for Roche assigned product lines, and provide valued service to your laboratory customers in an assigned territory.
- Are responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Roche equipment and related products. Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base. Manages customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality.
- Follows standard practices and procedures to install, maintain and repair Roche Diagnostics’ equipment. Identifies and analyzes current problems and repairs where possible or escalates to higher levels when repairs are not possible. Schedules and performs preventative maintenance per department policy. Monitors customer equipment performance and is able to respond and resolve most routine issues. Refers complex problems and issues to higher levels.
- Identifies revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, implements the Roche Diagnostics service agreement policy, and seeks out opportunities to market service contracts to existing customers.
- Provides routine technical support to existing customers, including operator troubleshooting training when needed.
- Completes and documents all service and customer account related reports, updates, and emails in a timely and professional manner, compliant to all quality procedures.
- Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property
Who you are:
- Associate’s degree in electronics, information technology, medical technology or a related field
- Passion for customer service!
- Loves to solve problems
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Customer Support, Customer Support > Technical & Application SupportUSA - Field