Essential Job Functions & Major Contributions:
- Directly supports/leads the development and qualification of sources to support the ongoing purchase of supplies, equipment and services at the most cost effective level while monitoring and ensuring that supplier quality, service and Roche performance remains consistently high. Conducts new sourcing, bidding and negotiations to meet business area requirements while supporting continuous improvement in terms of Quality, Service and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Adhere to all procurement policies and procedures and ensure compliance. Implement supply chain strategies and plans consistent with overall department and corporate strategic direction in all day-to- day activities. Recommends changes to established practices to improve performance of supply chain strategies. Responsible for maintaining and ensuring that Procurement is in compliance with ISO9001 std/13485; FDA Regulations/QSRs; Roche
Corporate Requirements and any other corporate Quality and SH&E directives.
- Working independently, conducts site visits to current and prospective supplier locations. As expert resource, periodically meets with representatives of the business areas to make recommendations and to discuss and review their supply and service needs.
- In conjunction with internal partners and as developed, implement defined metrics that measure performance and reinforce/advance the effectiveness of the procurement organization and the working relationship with the business areas.
- Develop and foster a customer service oriented, continuous improvement environment within Procurement. Identify supply and quality problems proactively and lead the development of corrective actions to the benefit of Procurement's internal partners.
- Serves as expert resource to senior management, peers and staff in area of procurement.
- Uses advanced knowledge to resolve business problems of moderate size, risk and complexity.
- May lead project teams.