- Supports to project leads for deal structure and transaction issues, including active involvement in and often leading or co-leading term sheet and contract negotiations with third parties
- Regularly reviews and provides detailed comments on term sheets and complex licensing agreements;
- Escalates meaningful issues to Head of Transaction Excellence for advice and resolution
- Highlights deviation from standards on financial and key licensing clauses (e.g: licensed rights, payments, governance, IP, termination)
- At key project steps, participates in briefings with Deal Team Leader and senior management (including, for example Head of RP) to facilitate decisions and if appropriate escalation to top management for move to next step. While the project lead provides justification for project scope, objectives, competitive environment, medical and scientific fit, the Transaction Excellence Director provides rationale for proposed deal structure, financials with comparables as well as for any major deviation from standard clauses with resulting risks and consequences.
- Takes a lead in developing the transaction and negotiation skills of project leaders through active mentoring and coaching during transactions and through developing and delivering training materials on complex license agreement topics.