Department: Facilities Operations & Maintenance (FOM) - Site Operations
Job Family / Category: Site Operations/Facilities
Location: South San Francisco, CA
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for performing service activities relating to the calibration, maintenance and repair of laboratory calibration instruments/equipment.
- Provide calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of analytical instruments used in laboratories.
- Enter calibration data and service information into the calibration management system.
- Respond to trouble calls and perform diagnostics and repairs.
- Escort vendors in need of lab access to perform assigned calibration and maintenance work. Ensure vendor provides complete maintenance documentation upon work completion.
- Review and process external vendor calibration, PM and repair documentation per established procedures.
- Assist with identification and purchase of spare parts.
- Prepare and organize technical documentation and operational procedures.
- Write calibration and preventive maintenance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collect and organize technical data from equipment manufacturers, equipment users, and engineering personnel.
- Mentor other instrument and laboratory technicians.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
- Must know the operating principles and be proficient with the operational techniques of laboratory analytical instruments.
- General knowledge of cGMP and GLP practices.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to efficiently prioritize the workload. Work is scheduled throughout the SSF campus. Extensive walking will be required.
- General understanding of the International System of Units (SI).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents and equipment schematics.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.