As Principal Engineer Secure Access (Security) you will join the Secure Access Global Team, you will work on the most demanding and challenging projects which require technical and thought leadership in your areas of responsibility. You will be accountable and responsible for the ultimate decision-making in technical design and delivery in the context of the projects/activities you will work on, while exercising considerable independent judgement and discretion. You influence technology vendors and are acknowledged as amongst the best in the industry in your sphere of responsibilities and areas of expertise.
You will often exercise applied innovation to develop and integrate advanced technological ideas/concepts and see them through to an implemented and viable final product. You will thrive in ambiguous circumstances and can help guide other less experienced colleagues, as needed.
As a Principal Engineer you will have a broad view of how the different solutions in and beyond the solution area work together and may need to be adapted as driven by business demands. You possess and/or will acquire quickly in-depth knowledge in multiple business areas of Roche beyond IT infrastructure and understand in great detail how IT infrastructure impacts Roche business processes.
● To lead and contribute to the end-to-end design of infrastructure solutions and the creation and maintenance of related component standards
● To serve as consultant to senior management and internal/external stakeholders for the organization on matters pertaining to its policies, plans, objectives and delivery in the infrastructure area of responsibility
● To follow industry and technology advancements closely, in order to determine success criteria for their evaluation and evaluate promising solutions/technologies (Proof-of-Concepts) across their entire infrastructure solution area and where applicable, beyond their infrastructure solution area that have an enterprise impact and their feasibility in meeting Roche’s business needs
● To understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its long-term objectives
● To architect (as solution architect), design, build, test and implement (first-time deployments) integrated, resilient and reliable solutions across the entire infrastructure solution area, and where applicable, beyond their infrastructure solution area
● To lead and direct small technical teams for specific objectives in large and highly complex projects and providing guidance and mentoring/driving the entire team’s technical development
● To ensure that designs and solutions in the infrastructure solution area align and adhere to the organization’s Technical Architecture Framework (TAF) policies, standards and direction and map the Technology Roadmaps into Portfolio projects/activities
● To lead the efforts to estimate Engineering resources and timelines to deliver projects/activities successfully
● To write, socialize and publish position papers, white papers, technical recommendations and best practices for the infrastructure solutions and the use-cases for their applications internally and externally (conferences, technology groups etc)