This is an exciting time to join Roche Support Network. If you are passionate for problem solving then this is the position for you! As a research-focused healthcare company, Roche discovers, develops and provides innovative diagnostics and therapeutic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals - from early detection and prevention of diseases to diagnostics, treatment and treatment monitoring. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
The Roche Support Network group is committed to providing industry-defining support to its customers. As a Field Engineering Specialist, you will have the opportunity to travel and demonstrate your expertise as a technical repair and/or installation specialist for Roche assigned product lines, and provide valued service to your laboratory customers in an assigned territory.
The Field Engineering Specialist, in the Roche Support Network, position serves as a technical repair or installation specialist for Roche products for assigned product lines and geographies.
The Roche FES also:
Provides routine technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects of system equipment
Performs on-site service, repair and/or installation of company products - This may include any aspect of field support and is not limited to mechanical/system hardware and software, networking/wireless networking
Serves as customer contact on routine technical and service related problems
Schedules and performs preventative maintenance per department policy
Monitors customer equipment performance and is able to respond and resolve most routine issues
Refers complex problems and issues to higher levels
Receives training and delivers service within the normal scope of the position
Follows documented practices, policies and procedures in providing repair and installation support
Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and system failure, using established procedures
Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
Provides analysis, feedback and recommendations on product failure trends and service ability issues
Documents all activity in a manner compliant with company’s quality procedures
Is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions
Is responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Roche equipment and related products
Promotes effective, positive, and productive communication among team to ensure and maximize satisfaction of customer base
Manages customer accounts at a level that promotes goodwill, confidence and credibility in order to exceed customer expectations in terms of product, service, and support quality
Identifies revenue generating and cost saving opportunities, implements the Roche Diagnostics service agreement policy, and seeks out opportunities to market service contracts to existing customers
Maintains expenses within departmental guidelines and controls inventory and all company property
- High school diploma and 2 years of technical school or equivalent military training or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of progressive experience repairing or servicing mechanical/system hardware and software, or networking/wireless networking or a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or related field plus 1-2 years of progressive experience repairing or servicing complex mechanical/system hardware and software, or networking/wireless networking
- Successfully training or certification as defined by RD Services Leadership and policy
- Ability to travel, including some overnight travel, is required
- 8+ years of progressive experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or related field plus 4+ years of progressive experience
- Advanced knowledge of electronics, electro-mechanical systems, and information technology
- Ability to serve as an internal technical resource for lower level staff
- Knowledge of basic chemistry
- Ability to work after hours, provide weekend and holiday support on a rotated basis within an assigned territory and/or geographic region and be on call 24/7 during rotation
- Good written/verbal communication, organization and prioritization skill
- Highly effective customer service skills, which includes a positive attitude, helpful customer interaction, and maintenance of ongoing customer relationships
- Ability to train and mentor, and serve as the expert technical resource for lower level staff
- Advanced knowledge of basic chemistry
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
Job Level:Individual contributor