- Receiving - Receives, inspects and prioritizes distribution of goods, materials, supplies and/or products, ensuring accurate quantities and completing records. Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department or individual.
- Storage - Uses various types of material handling equipment (manual and automated) to move and store materials in accordance with established procedures and/or regulatory standards (i.e., DOT, OSHA). Stages materials to be loaded onto trucks. Inspects materials on a regular basis to verify correct lot numbers, quantities, code numbers, product damage, expiration dates, etc. Performs physical inventory, relocation and consolidation of stock. Assist with material destruction to ensure efficient usage of space. Replenishes stock as necessary to ensure an adequate supply of products, goods and/or materials.
- Picking/Packing - Selects, consolidates and packs products/goods for shipment upon receipt of order. Handles returned goods in accordance with established procedures for the redistribution, repackaging, and/or retesting of the goods.
- Transporting/Delivery - Transports materials, supplies and/or products. May drive vehicle to pick up or deliver materials/supplies. Transfers materials to and from storage area. Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department or individual.
- Shipping - Loads and unloads trailers and freight carriers by hand or with mechanical equipment in accordance with Dept of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Completes and ensures accuracy of records.
- Other - Uses SAP to print product labels, issue goods, and track inventory. Maintains required logs, records and statistics. Follows established Corporate and regulatory safety and security procedures which includes the handling of hazardous materials. Maintains a safe and clean area in accordance with GMP guidelines and OSH regulations.
High School Diploma or GED or related equivalent combination of education and work related experience required
Less than 1 year Warehousing and/or Distribution, handling the receipt, storage, and/or disbursement/delivery of goods and materials required
Experience Handling hazardous materials preferred
Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Receipt and inventory of goods and materials.
- Proper handling of goods, materials.
- Knowledge of OSHA, IATA, ISO, DOT, GMP, SAP and QSR desired.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment depending on area of assignment.
- Ability to operate postage machines/meters, and various tools and office supplies.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
A valid driver's license is required depending on the area of assignment
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
Job Level:Individual contributor