- You will be a key contributor to our strategic initiative on improving the effectiveness of drug discovery in the biologics domain by improving data management and laboratory workflows
- You will establish and nurture effective partnerships with research scientists, internal IT specialists and software companies to assess existing processes and workflows to leverage optimization opportunities towards higher performance, robustness, and scalability
- You will identify, prototype and develop appropriate informatics solutions for large molecule research in cross-functional teams and by close collaboration with researchers as well as technical and informatics experts
- You will work with contract research organizations to ensure that data standards are met and that data is made available to Roche scientists via established processes
- You will support us in advancing our state-of-the-art application landscape to facilitate complex research activities by leading or collaborating in local and global informatics projects
Who you are
- You have a master degree, preferably a PhD, in biology, bioinformatics, or biochemistry, and several years of professional experience in life science or pharma research informatics
- You are a self-motivated quick learner who enjoys entering into new areas
- You are a person who takes initiative courageously and creatively and loves to see your ideas implemented through teamwork in a dynamic customer oriented environment
- You have a proven track record of successfully managing informatics projects supporting protein engineering, antibody design and production or cell banks and are attracted by the challenges of designing and implementing innovative software solutions for biologics research
- You have expertise in biologics drug discovery in pharmaceutical research and associated software tools, programming and scripting languages, web service and database technologies, as well as data processing solutions such as Pipeline Pilot, Python, R or Spotfire
- Your profile is rounded off by having very good presentation and communication skills in English.
- Understanding of laboratory instruments utilized in biologics research and experience in automating laboratory workflows will be a plus.
Job Level:Individual contributor