The Scrum Master is accountable for establishing Scrum by helping everyone understand Scrum theory and practice, both within the Scrum Team (Outcome and Work Package) and the organization.
The Scrum Master is accountable for the Scrum Team’s effectiveness. They do this by enabling the Scrum Team to improve its practices, within the Scrum framework. Scrum Masters are true leaders who serve the Scrum Team and the larger organization.
The Scrum Master responsibilities:
- Lead, train, and coach the organization in its Scrum and other Agile methodologies adoption;
- Be responsible for coaching teams and empower them to become self-organized
- Support teams methodically to increase their autonomy
- Help the teams and the company to increase collaboration, predictability and transparency
- Organize and facilitate productive and effective meetings, agile ceremonies & workshops
- Be proactive in maintaining the healthy atmosphere and well-being within the teams
- Promote a culture that embraces change and values experimentation and innovation
- Live a learning and open feedback culture
- Planning and advising Scrum implementations within the organization;
Mindset, skills and qualifications required:
- Great communication and organization skills
- Engagement skills – deep listening, inspiring & influencing
- The ability to recognize and aid the resolution of team conflicts and impediments
- Agile mindset – openness, continuous learning & purposeful sense of urgency
- Teamwork and collaboration – Is able to pull people together around a common goal, and brings an enterprise perspective. Effectively manages relationships with all business partners, establishes trust and credibility quickly, particularly with Team. Strengthens and extends existing relationships to maintain a holistic view of the organization. Proactively assesses health of working relationships amongst the team and quality of work product and shares feedback to course correct.
- Inspiring and influencing – Is inspirational and skilled at managing teams, peers and upwards. Effectively navigates the Team, understanding and accounting for varied priorities and perspective of different internal stakeholders. Applies a blended EQ/IQ approach, integrating both business and organizational aspects to drive adoption of change.
- Drives for & Achieves Results: focused on progress and delivery.
- Great written and verbal communication skills in Thai and English