Serve as Business Project Manager and Subject Matter Expert for assigned eClinical applications that support the set-up, conduct, analysis and reporting of Clinical Trials (eClinical Solutions) for Clinical Operations and Biometrics (COBM). Liaisons with Roche Diagnostics IT to work on new and existing eClinical Solutions, acting as Molecular Solutions representative on the project team.
This is a single incumbent job requiring a combination of advanced skills and experiences in technical IT, business process analysis and project management. Experience with Biospecimen data and applications, along with, experience with Clinical Electronic data capture is a major plus.
- Serve as Business Project Manager and/or SME for assigned applications used to support clinical trials in Clinical Operations and Biometrics.
- Partner with internal and external departments to improve business application capability and processes supported by eClinical tools.
- Lead and support business application project initiatives and business support model.
- Assess impact of system changes on business processes.
- Clearly and effectively communicate system modifications, changed processes and problem solving results to affected groups and leadership.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (DIA IT and COBM) to work on upgrades and development of new system functionality with current business applications.
- Represent Molecular Solutions COBM on Change Management Team meetings with DIA IT for assigned applications.
- Leverage technical expertise to thoroughly investigate reported incidents that involve business applications abnormalities, failures or defects. Recommends technical and procedural improvements to ensure effective use of eClinical tools.
- Promptly respond to urgent technical issues regarding system failures and escalate as necessary.
- Determine appropriate IT system access and training requirements for applications utilized in COBM. Create, maintain and/or obtain necessary training guides, documents and user manuals for reference and use of COBM employees.
- Train and support COBM employees in technical use and troubleshooting of business applications, reports and monitoring activities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base for assigned application.
- Responsible for the design and development of automated systems to track, analyze, maintain and monitor complex business data.
- Analyzes business processes and operations to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Gathers, compiles and synthesizes information with regard to technology processes or systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 7 years of business/ system analysis/ analytical experience
- Experience with Biospecimen data and applications is a major plus
- Another major plus is experience with Clinical Electronic data capture
- Comprehensive experience analyzing and solving business situations
- Experience presenting information to diverse audiences including senior leadership
- Experience with Diagnostics and/or Pharmaceutical Information Systems is a plus
- Relevant IT experience, preferably as an IT, Business or System Analyst or equivalent is a plus
- Experience supporting Clinical Trial related applications is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Relevant IT experience, preferably as an IT, Business or System Analyst, or equivalent
- Project Management
- Excellent organizational, communication, and demonstrated expert data management skills including working knowledge of cross-functional areas.
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical development process.
- Must be detail oriented.
Approximately 5% of domestic travel required with occasional international travel as necessary.
Roche is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. We strive to build teams that represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to create a phenomenal place to work and to innovate for patients.
Who We Are
At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients’ lives, and we are bold in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific accuracy, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow. Are you seeking a meaningful job? Then come aboard!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.