Head of Accounting & External Reporting (FCAA)
We offer an exciting opportunity to a senior, experienced and qualified finance professional who would like to lead the accounting and external reporting department at Roche’s corporate head office in Basel, Switzerland.
The main tasks of the position are:
- Leading the Accounting and External Reporting team of 12 finance professionals.
- Overseeing the preparation of the Roche Group year-end and half-year external financial statements (IFRS), including leading the close process for the financial statements.
- Leading the team that is responsible for Roche Group accounting and reporting, including maintaining the Group accounting and reporting manual and delivering global accounting training (Roche Diploma in Accounting).
- Acting as M&A finance business partner, including financial due diligence, deal structuring, valuations, opening balance sheet completion and supporting on financial integration.
- Providing oversight on the accounting and reporting of Roche’s pensions, stock options, intangible asset impairment and provisions processes.
- Providing Treasury, Alliance Partnering, Investor Relations and Group Communications finance support.
- Being the primary contact for the external auditors, global actuaries and external valuation consultants.
- Representing Roche at external industry peer meetings.
The main requirements for this role are:
- Chartered or Certified accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent).
- 8 years or more of work experience post accounting qualification, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in preparing IFRS financial statements, preferably for a listed large multi-national company.
- Team leadership and coaching skills.
- Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, including participation in due diligences and leading post-deal acquisition accounting.
- Strong technical IFRS knowledge and experience and the ability to communicate this to non-specialists.
- Excellent English and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
- A “Big 4” background and pharmaceuticals / diagnostics sector experience preferred but not essential.
Location: Corporate Head Office, Basel, Switzerland