As the PD Data Sciences (PDD) People and Product Leader (PPL) you will be responsible for PDD activities in support of one or more Roche Therapeutic Areas/Disease Areas (TAs), Enabling Platforms (EPs) and/or business units. You make decisions related to processes, resourcing, and prioritization that drive the quality and timeliness for PDD products. You will contribute to the strategy and the overall success of PDD as well as be a member of the PDD Community of Leaders. You will be expected to align with other PPLs and PDD leaders in matching talent to PDD products.
You will lead a diverse team of 8-12 employees with multiple technical competencies and experiences. Your primary responsibilities will be in service to your direct reports. You will help matching talent to opportunities by understanding the skills and aspirations of your team and understanding the PDD strategic context and possible opportunities. You will coach and mentor through curiosity-based conversations and support talent from different technical backgrounds.
Your primary responsibility as a PPL will be career development of your team and other PDD talent, additionally you will also be expected to take on responsibilities related to PDD products. These products can be a wide variety of contributions: taking a key stakeholder (within or external to PDD) facing role, a significant role facing the portfolio, a lead role within an Enabling Platform supporting specialized business, a lead or significant role cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our technical, business and healthcare environments, or other PDD efforts. In some instances you may be a work product owner, in other instances you may support work product owners with the expectation that all are responsible for successful outcomes. You will establish and foster key internal and external relationships, purposefully collaborating to be at the forefront of our industry.
PDD Shared Leadership Accountabilities
● Role model shared leadership: PDD leaders are collectively accountable for the development of Data Sciences products. Leaders will be expected to work with less direct and sole control of functional resources, and with an emphasis on a shared sense of purpose across PDD. This means at times relinquishing tight control of talent and enabling colleagues to more freely flow to work
● Lead and develop PDD talent: Actively develops and champions PDD talent, both within and beyond the leader’s own function. Serves as a role model in demonstrating Roche’s Leadership Commitments and the Pharma Operating Principles. Embraces and role models agile leadership behaviors. Works with other PPLs across PDD to support continued development of the PDD talent pipeline through work on PDD products and via ongoing training, mentoring and coaching
Support Strategy Development & Execution: Leads or contributes to the planning, implementation and purposefully collaborating and influencing to be at the forefront of our industry for the Data Sciences. Can act as point of contact to groups outside of PDD relating to programs, processes, systems, and compliance, representing PDD in pRED, gRED, PD and PDMA.
Career Development: Coach, support and empower functional staff. Unleash people’s potential. Provide feedback, recognition and development on a continuous basis. Recruitment and retention of talented Data Scientists.
Technical Accountability: Contribute technical, therapeutic and business expertise within and external to PDD, including (but not limited to) current and new technologies, Data Sciences industry landscape, data standards, therapeutic area expertise, outsourcing expertise, best practices and process improvements, etc.
IMPACT LEVEL SUMMARY
Pod/Enabling Platform Impact Level – the leader will influence outcomes within respective Pod/Enabling platform and beyond into DSD/DSS and elsewhere as appropriate
*Focus: Strategy implementation, stakeholder management, leadership of DSD or DSS products. Contributions may include strategy development
*Minimum Impact expected: Pod/enabling platform, DSD or DSS
*Actively contributes to the implementation of the PD and PDD strategies within Pod/enabling platform and across the DSD or DSS function
* Acts as a change agent to aid implementation and adoption of new and innovative data sciences techniques and methods within Pod, enabling platform and beyond as appropriate
*Establishes and maintains relationships with key stakeholders
*Maintains oversight of adherence to department SOPs, standards and processes
*Ensures successful delivery of quality and fit-for-purpose DSD/DSS products
*Successfully leads initiatives of DSD/DSS import
*May contribute input and involvement to TA teams and functions on overall DSD, DSS or PDD delivery strategy and the best application of methods
*Partners with other data functions, focusing on the application of methods that are appropriate for the data type and analysis setting
Additional technical qualifications may be added as specific recruiting efforts require
Pod/Enabling Platform Impact Level
* College/University degree - bachelor degree or higher or equivalent education in scientific, medical or relevant technical discipline
* Knowledge of GCP, international regulations, guidelines and their application, and all other applicable compliance standards
*Strong understanding of the end-to-end drug development lifecycle, particularly as relevant to the leader’s home TA pod/enabling platform
*Track record of establishing successful internal partnerships with relevant partner organizations
*Influential and confident communicator
*Strong English skills
*International travel as required - estimated at 20%
Job Level:Manager with direct reports