A Senior IT Business Analyst drives innovative, customer-centric and scalable digital solutions to bring value to business and customers. A Senior IT Business Analyst influences the business strategies and final product using human centered design methodologies, critical and strategic mindset, and recognized Business Analyst expertise.
- Is a crucial part in the product’s lifecycle management and ensures that any solution is chosen to fulfill known and understood business requirements, fitting into the Product roadmap definitions and continuously providing business value over its lifecycle.
- Collaborates with IT Business Partners, Stakeholders, Product Owner and Development Team (Tester, Development team, Architecture team, Adoption Services, Vendors) Collaborates and takes inspirations from networks and other chapters and PI orgs.
- Applies Human Centered Design (HCD) and User Experience (UX) principles when soliciting and analyzing requirements from stakeholders
- Frequently takes on the additional role of Squad Lead where appropriate Manage a wide range of personalities and interests by using people/interpersonal skills
- Proactively scans the market for new digital channels and techniques, investigates and determine feasibility of adoption, propose to relevant stakeholders Develops and maintains the business case including high level solution options and resource estimates and resource confirmation as in support to the strategic backlog management process
- Acts as an interface between business and IT functions and as a contact point for business leads in order to launch initiatives, leading and driving the scoping phase.
- Strives for harmonization of business processes across sites and departments by propagating common standardized data models, applications and technologies that are in line with the cross-functional or functional Informatics strategies and architectures.
- Performs typical Business Analysis activities and creates deliverables as per Roche standards within a squad/project like a Business Case, Project Charter and URS/User Stories Works with delivery and the project team to ensure that the final solution matches the URS and customer’s needs and is delivered according to plan
Experience and Knowledge
- Degree-level education in related fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- Have at least 5 years of business analysis experience in the fields of digital adaptation and customer relations management
- Have at least 5 years experience working in the pharma industry Demonstrated expertise on the functional areas of Customer Experience, Customer Relations Management, and Digital Innovation and Adoption Is certified in at least one Agile framework / methodology (eg. SAFe, Scrum)
- Proficient in English is a must
- Proficient in Mandarin is preferred
- Has practical knowledge of Agile BA framework (IIBA), CCBA certification is ideal HCD Practitioner, UX and/or design thinking certification is ideal
- BA displays the following values: Aspirational, Motivating, Collaborating across, One team Spirit, Be Focused, Fail Fast + Learn Fast, Open Mindset Understands the multi-channel nature of today’s communications with HCP communities, and co-create strategies with our stakeholders using that insight to increase quality and leverage to benefit our customers and business
- Is an Agile ambassador and displays an Agile mindset in the approach to work, i.e.: Ensures the right information is available to the development team in the right level of detail at the right time so that the product can be developed and matches customers needs
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and integrity and has strong passion to bring value-adding technology to the business.
- Exhibits strong soft skills typically required as a BA (i.e.: active listening, challenging the status quo, strong communication skills with stakeholders at different organizational levels, solid mentoring skills, excellent communication skills)