Who We Are
At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients’ lives, and we are bold in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow. Roche is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to build teams that represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Embracing diversity enables us to
create a great place to work and to innovate for patients.
This is a critical, newly created global role in the Diagnostics Division (DIA) defining the approach to and leading SHE audits. The DIA SHE Audit Lead supports the sale of diagnostic products globally by partnering to create audit processes for the Diagnostics Division. This position provides critical leadership in the development of highly efficient and innovative systems, reporting tools, and processes. This leader ensures that the developed strategies are cutting edge and fully integrated into the business. While collaborating and contributing as a key member of the Governance & Oversight team, this leader will have the opportunity to shape the role as it evolves.
● Provide strategic leadership and expertise to establish and define the audit function role in the new organization.
● Develop and deploy a DIA SHE audit program for internal sites and external
partners in alignment with Group SHE and Global Quality Audit teams and having a special focus on product related SHE compliance.
● Design and ensure simple, high impact strategies and solutions in the audit
program for DIA.
● With a focus on DIA products, drive compliance with applicable laws and
regulations, Group Directive K15, and ensure effective risk management to
sustain business value creation.
● Support sites and external partners in developing and implementing
improvements identified through the audit process.
● Build strong, productive relationships by communicating and collaborating
enthusiastically across time zones and cultures.
● Facilitate cross-functional collaboration to drive the implementation of global audit strategies, programs, guidelines, policies, processes, systems, tools, training, best practices, and KPIs.
● Develop and deliver key presentations to ensure transparency and visibility to
senior DIA leaders on SHE performance in crucial areas.
● Assist with product environmental compliance improvements throughout the
Diagnostics Division as part of a highly innovative and collaborative team.
● Assist in educating employees at all levels of the organization on relevant product regulations to ensure no negative impact on product sales.
● Participate as a member of the Product Sustainability and Compliance, Governance & Oversight team.
Who You Are
We are looking for a passionate and decisive individual contributor. You demonstrate energy, passion, courage, vision and the drive to be at the forefront of innovative technological changes in a competitive environment, for the benefit of patients, our people, and the business. Moreover you bring:
● Bachelor degree and 10 or more years of experience in SHE topics
● Master degree preferred
● Experience in working in the area of product related environmental regulations and compliance
● Experience in developing, implementing, managing and monitoring complex compliance related programs
● Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, strong ethical skills
● Expert communicator, ability to influence various complex internal/external stakeholders in a matrix environment
● Experience working in diagnostics and medical device sector
● Highly developed people influencing skills in a matrixed environment, with a mindset seeking to understand different perspectives and needs, gain broad partner buy-in, and co-create
● Ability to build and sustain strong collaborative relationships and networks with partners across a complex global organization such as the Roche Diagnostics
● Ability to work independently and influence without authority
● Highly developed competencies in thinking strategically, analytically and innovatively