This is a field-based position – the ideal candidate will live in the western United States, however, location is flexible.
Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As the Manager, New Business Development you will have the responsibility to promote the organization's products, solutions and services to, and maintain relationships with, multiple accounts throughout the country. This will involve a prioritized focus on Integrated Diabetes Management Solutions, including digital elements and population management. You will manage sales activities for multiple accounts, primarily in the employer segment of customers. In addition, you will have responsibility to develop relationships and support with regional and national employee brokers. Your accounts will have complex requirements and you will take the lead for relationship management and development. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and execute the strategy. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships in account types that may be new to the Roche focus (i.e. Employers, Brokers, Coalitions)
The Manager, New Business Development should have a broad expertise and unique knowledge, use skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in a creative, compliant and effective way. This position is the most senior level individual contributor account manager. You will be viewed as an expert by the company and in the field. You will have complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with sales/development of new or strategic products/solutions/services. You will work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. You will exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
You will create formal networks involving coordination among groups. You will also be responsible for selling the company's products or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts. You will be responsible for the development of new business opportunities or emerging areas. You will focus on critical, large, complex, high visibility, strategic or tactically important accounts. You may have a leadership role. You will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. You will be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Assumes an active leadership role during the collaborative development and implementation of strategies for country accounts to attain assigned sales objectives.
- Utilizes strong product/market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex sales and resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Continuously builds knowledge of current industry trends, competitive information, and industry/technical knowledge and shares with other Roche colleagues.
- Retains, extends, and acquires customers through effective identification of opportunities and the creation and implementation of solutions.
- Establishes and builds strong client relationships that allow for growth, profitability and predictability. Communicates with other relevant Roche functions to ensure needed sales support and delivery of programs/products.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Proven leadership abilities
- Negotiation, contracting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- Account Management experience within the Employer, Broker Marketplace and/or Human Resources/Benefits customer space Broker marketplace
- Business to Business selling experience
- Diabetes knowledge base
- More than 7 years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of technical and market issues/factors