Manages all on-market low volume and specialty analytical systems. Supports new product launches from premarket requirements through commercial launch. In partnership with Marketing Manager develops specific marketing/ launch plans, activities to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena which includes product positioning in the marketplace. Also supports market research to identifies customer needs and satisfaction of on-market products to provide feedback to global organization. Establishes pricing strategies. Works closely with many cross-functional teams (Field support, Commercial Education, finance, sales, launch project lead and global product team to support launch preparation as well as ongoing needs for current portfolio.
Collaborates with global business partners to drive US market requirements into the current and future product portfolio. Responsible for internal processes that drive product launches, updates, and expirations while serving as strategic lead on product availability related questions from the field. In conjunction with the demand planning team, is responsible for gather input and data to create product forecasts and business plans that drive growth for assigned products. To the internal business partners/stakeholders, serves as the business owner/key point of contact for all questions/matters pertaining to their portfolio. Effectively work within a cross- functional team to inspire and influence above authority.
Effective collaboration and tight coordination with partner marketing manager.
Specialized and in-depth comprehensive product, competitors’ products, and disease states knowledge related to their products. Duties are varied and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development. Provides direction on issues of area of expertise and assists department leadership in setting strategic direction. Requires the regular use of originality, ingenuity and a higher level technical knowledge. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field or business function. Is the subject matter expert for utility and use of assigned products in the market. Plans, conducts and oversees work involving the largest and most important/complex projects. Does not supervise but provides direction to team on projects and assignments. Works with minimum supervision. Proactively communicates progress with management and
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives
through daily actions.
- Responsible to develop and execute a comprehensive portfolio/product strategy that includes product requirements, pricing strategy and launch logistics to accomplish business objectives.
- Responsibilities include: driving or participation in the process for the business area annual operating plan; development and implementation of tactics; evaluation of tactics performance with metrics through business reviews; and effective utilization and communication with internal partners and/or external agencies.
- Manages resources and budget to target for all assigned programs with proactive communication on issues and opportunities.
- Advises and manages stakeholders by reporting on special projects, business challenges and opportunities to senior management.
- May participate on Product Development teams providing direction as customer and marketing representative.
- Instills leadership through others by acting as a role model to drive impactful business solutions and positive change, encouraging, motivating and empowering others and helping others to success.
- Develops business area mastery to include understanding of market segments, business model, analysis of key metrics that define success, forecasting sales and product demand, share performance, trends, competition, customer critical success factors and needs through interaction with customers for integration with programs.
- Manages and supports the assigned segments/product lines including but not limited to forecasting, pricing, back-orders management, and launch management implementation. Works with functional groups in the US and global lifecycle and operations.
- Directs, uses and translates market research and customer insight to shape product/portfolio strategies.
- Responsible for influencing global LCT on the market requirements for their area of responsibility. Serves as the technical expert for their specific area of responsibility.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree. Preference for education in Business, Marketing or related clinical field
- 5 years previous related experience (marketing, sales operations, finance or other commercial roles)
* CO residents not eligible