Key Activities & Deliverables
- Manage and lead a high performing team of senior analyst and analyst
- Oversee day-to-day operations
- Take lead in issue resolution on operational matters
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Build and sustain effective relationships with local business to deliver performance and implement best practice
- Establish annual objectives/goals with the D2P operations team to ensure resources are utilized appropriately, performance is maintained and Shared Services goals/objectives are accomplished
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Manage SLA /SDA and performance targets related to Accounts Payable & Vendor Master Data activities and deliverables
- Promote a working environment that encourages personal development and workstream improvement. Develop staff and their career goals; leading teams to execute on operational targets
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Motivate team members
- Initiate and organize team-building activities
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments, manage performance issues when required
- Listen to team members’ feedback and support to resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Identify the skills and talents required to meet the business objectives for all functions/tasks within the D2P operations team
- Ensure all business activities comply with relevant Company SOPs, local laws and are of high ethical standards - Back up the head of the department during his/her absence
Documentation & Controlling
- Ensure a high level of understanding of the local business requirements and implement/operate financial control and governance to a standard that ensures Financial Controls Framework and Audit requirements are met Transformation/ Continuous Improvement Implementations
- Lead and proactively identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities. This includes reviewing updated process documentation.
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer for sustainable development knowledge and sharing of best practices within the team Coaching/Sharing - Identify training needs, build capability and provide coaching
- Contribute inputs/findings to establish a knowledge database of issues encountered and propose resolution steps to facilitate continuous learning development and cross-sharing of knowledge and lessons learned across the teams
- Degree in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent.
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Accounts Payable, Vendor Master creation processes knowledge
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills
- At least 3 years of experience in managing transactional accounting & business service teams, in a performance-driven & agile environment.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP (essential) or other ERP / Accounting systems.
Job Level:Manager with direct reports