This role supports the General Counsel and Legal/Compliance team, and works under the supervision and direction of the Manager of Legal Operations, to provide high quality, proactive Information Technology, and Communications support with minimal supervision.
Information Technology and Systems -- Direct and coordinate the development, design and optimization of the assigned or new technical information systems platforms or system components, such as infrastructure or applications used by Legal Operations. Conduct and prepare feasibility studies for new data processing applications or revisions to existing systems. Build Apps and data flow maps, technology tool inventories and develops self-service tools to support the provision of Legal support to the Business.
Communications – Develop and implement the Legal Department’s strategic communications initiatives, e.g., newsletters, websites and presentations; ensures communications are meeting department needs; measures effectiveness and relevance. Supports educational programming in the Legal Department.
- Prepare systems/tool development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules. Prepare and present project proposals to management and user departments
- Reviews status of system applications and prepare recommendations for system improvements
- Select, develop and evaluate tools to ensure the efficient operation of the Legal function
- Train members of the Legal team to use and leverage Technology and Tools
- Serve as point of contact for questions regarding Legal Department IT Technology and Tools
- Develop and update training materials, process manuals and job aids
- Write, Design, Develop and Update/Maintain content on Legal Websites, TV Screens, Communications Campaigns, Legal Intranet
- Responsible for developing and monitoring Training and Communications Plan and Calendar for Legal Department trainings for the Business
- Develop Web-based Training material/content, and Deliver Training
- Use Graphic Design and writing skills to create Newsletters, and PowerPoint Presentations
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years’ related IT discipline
- Must be computer literate and tech savvy; interest in learning new digital tools and support systems
- Expert PowerPoint skills required
- Must have excellent graphic and written communication skills
- Experience in developing web-based training a plus
- Experience developing detailed IT and Communications/Training Plans
- Significant IT Experience using legal operations tools as well as legal research tools, such as Onit, Imanage, LexisNexis or Westlaw
- Experience in Corporate Training and/or Corporate Communications