Doing now what patients need next. A pioneer in the development of blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery systems, Roche Diabetes Care is committed to helping people with diabetes live lives that are as normal and active as possible and helping healthcare professionals manage their patients' condition in an optimal way. The ACCU-CHEK® portfolio-from blood glucose monitoring through information management to insulin delivery - offers innovative products, services and comprehensive solutions for convenient, efficient and effective diabetes management.
Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience.
As a Senior Scientist, you will provide technical leadership to support product and process research and development (including design, development, analysis, troubleshooting, etc). You will translate customer/ product requirements into design specifications, coordinating internal & external resources to ensure timely realization of project deliverables. You will utilize sound experimental design, performs complex scientific research to support research and development of product formulations and/or analytical methods. Occasionally may train personnel, conduct pilots or perform validation activities.
As a Senior Scientist, you should possess a specialized and in-depth comprehensive knowledge and experience in the field of analytical chemistry, electrochemistry, biosensors, in-vitro diagnostics, and/or biomedical engineering. You should also possess and will need to apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of your respective field. Your duties will be dynamic and complex often involving research, analysis and solution development.
You will provide direction on issues of area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. The regular use of originality and creativity will be required. Generally, you will be given more complex and difficult assignments that are broad in nature. You will work with greater discretion and latitude. You may assist Consultants and lower level staff by providing advice and guidance.
You will also be responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Applies deep/intensive or diversified engineering /scientific principles.
2. Drives interdepartmental or cross-functional decisions or projects.
3. Modifies or extends theories and practices from her/his field or expertise. Implements novel or complex technical solutions.
4. Independently identifies technical objectives and opportunities, as well as risks and alternatives.
5. Leads projects of significant scale, complexity or priority.
6. Assesses feasibility and soundness of scientific/technical proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related Life Sciences discipline with 5 years of relevant experience or Master of Science/PhD with 2 years of relevant experience
- 6+ years of progressive work experience in an appropriate scientific discipline; work in pursuit of an advanced technical degree may be considered
- Applies scientific principles in a broad range of technical assignments, making independent decisions based on sound scientific reasoning and analysis
- Significant accomplishments in one or more of the following areas: patents/disclosures, technical publications or new product design and development
- Demonstrated leadership of complex technical projects
- More than 6 years of progressive work experience in an appropriate scientific discipline.