To provide diverse expertise in administrative support to Senior/Executive Management and staff of Pharma Partnering by anticipating, determining, and fulfilling team needs in a proactive, well-organized and customer-oriented manner. As needed, the Management Associate will work across therapeutic groups within Pharma Partnering, providing secondary administrative support and workload balance for other administrative associates and project support as it pertains to business operations, Pharma Partnering events and conferences.
Administrative responsibilities include but not limited to:
• This person will provide timely, accurate, and effective Executive Administration support to 5-7 professionals in Pharma Partnering, including one or more individuals at the level of VP/Director and/or their direct reports.
• Serve in an “ambassador role” interfacing with senior leaders within Roche/Genentech and managing extensive outreach to other companies.
• From time to time, provide administrative support to members of Pharma Partnering from other offices, or for executive stakeholders from other offices.
• General office responsibilities include: maintain multiple calendars; plan, schedule and coordinate teleconferences, travel, onsite/offsite meetings; process payments and expense reports, orders office supplies and utilize PC software applications at the intermediate to advanced level.
• Able to make independent decisions regarding calendar priorities of those you support to reduce conflicts and accommodate high priority commitments.
• Prepares meeting agendas and assists in preparation of presentations including creation of graphics for presentations and internal publications as needed.
• Maintains admin group share folder and department distribution lists.
• Partners with hiring manager to coordinate Pharma Partnering interviews, on-boarding and training requirements. Work with others to arrange and assist global Pharma Partnering organization at key US conferences including JP Morgan and BIO.
May coordinate presence with other Roche Divisions.
• Address problems by developing practical, thorough, and creative solutions without relying on precedent or supervisory review.
• Exercise independent judgment and discretion with sensitive/confidential and proprietary information.
• Partners with one’s supervisor and other staff to maximize the efficiency of the work group. Understand and troubleshoot from a broader prospective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
• Participates, plans, coordinates and prioritizes work within or across departments by providing project leadership, direction, training and assistance to others.
• May lead special projects that require administrative expertise.
• Minimum 7 years of related experience that includes supporting a senior or executive manager (BA/BS degree or equivalent industry experience preferred) or BA/BS and 1-2 years of related experience.
• Prior experience working in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Experience with global level travel arrangements and meeting planning is preferred.
• Creative, proactive, self-motivated, and team-oriented.
• Able to effectively manage conflicting and changing priorities and perform in a collaborative team environment with minimal supervision.
• Highly skilled in interpersonal communications and writing, including persuasion and influence.
• Handles interpersonal interactions at all levels and manages highly sensitive interpersonal situations, information and documents.
• Experience and skill in managing external company contacts.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with other administrative assistants.
• Strong organizational skills are required.
• Budget management experience is preferred.
• Ability to quickly gain extensive knowledge of organization being supported.
• Proficient with Google applications (required), Office (required), databases such as Touchpoint (optional but desired), Webex/teleconference tools.
• Ability to stand or sit for at least 6 hours each day.
• Ability to accommodate extended periods of computer use to meet business operations.
• Flexibility to adjust work schedule beyond the core business hours of 8:00am-5:00pm, which may include starting at or prior to 7 a.m. (preferred).