Master Data Team Lead is responsible for coordinating all the activities of the Master Data team. The Master Data Team Lead is responsible for each member (Processors, Auditors and/or SME) to make sure that tasks are carried out in an efficient, effective way. The Vendor Master Team Lead will ensure that all necessary infrastructure and capacities is in place, knowledge is built up and shared within the team, and potential issues are detected and solved timely. Service execution by the Master Data team runs the Vendor Master Team Lead’s responsibility according to defined performance levels and in compliance with SOPs. The Vendor Master Team Lead will represent the team in SSC-internal workshops as well as cross-SSC meetings and is involved in escalations, if needed. The role is responsible to gather, filter and forward relevant information from the team towards management and vice versa. Also, this role will decide and manage the involvement of the Master Data SME and the rest of the Master Data team on various project activities, if needed.
During every day work, the Master Data Team Lead will interact with all Master Data Specialists and with the P2P Manager to ensure alignment and objectives are being met. The Team Lead will be responsible for developing each team member and providing Managerial oversight.
- Team coordination: Coordinating the daily work of the team members, providing them guidance and relevant information, if needed (e.g. contact data to locations).
- Recruitment: Initiating the recruitment process with HR by providing necessary information to HR and monitor the recruitment activities. Participating in the interviews and making recommendations for the right candidates. Onboarding the new colleagues and tracking the training execution by other roles.
- Performance monitoring and development of team members: Setting up goals for the team members, frequently evaluating individual performances and providing feedback to the individuals to motivated them. In case performance of an individual is not sufficient initiating necessary measures (e.g. change of teams).
- Covering administrative HR topics: Tracking and approving holiday planning and balancing workload in the case of a team member’s absence.
- Leadership: Coach and motivate members of the team by creating a friendly and trustful team-work environment. If necessary, solving inter-personal issues within the team or with other team-members and escalating to line managers.
- Involvement in project work: Gathering information of the SSC relevant for the team (e.g. Ticketing tool adjustments) and forwarding to Vendor Master SME and/or Vendor Master Processors and Auditors.
Education, experience and skills
- Bachelor in business administration, supply chain, engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in Master Data
- 2+ years’ experience as Team Lead/Supervisor
- Excellent MS Office knowledge.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and spoken command of Spanish, English and Portuguese
- Excellent communication skills to varied stakeholder audiences.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate colleagues.
- Service orientation.
- Strong collaborator in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in multi-national project environments.
- Ability to operate in fast-paced and multi-tasking environment, manage various deliverables, and prioritize to achieve results and meet deadlines
- Experience in Shared Service or Customer Service Centre.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Procurement systems e.g. SRM.
- Understanding of (Roche’s) Procurement and A/P processes.
- Any further language knowledge in addition to English.
Availability and willingness to travel (air and ground both domestic and internationally) up to 5% of time