At Roche, we believe every employee makes a difference. Therefore, your mindset and behaviour is as important to us as your experience and capabilities.
We ask you to bring your unique experience and personality to the team so we can celebrate a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
If you are interested in helping us transform into a more open, dynamic, transparent, inclusive, collaborative and agile team – this role is for you.
- Product & Supply Chain Management (PTS) connects the different parts of Roche to ensure a reliable supply of our innovative medicines to customers and patients. We ensure worldwide reliable supply to patients connecting their needs to the Roche Pharma Global Supply Network. This network consists of Roche manufacturing sites, contract manufacturers, and external suppliers. We partner across Pharma to develop and execute agile product lifecycle and network strategies. We design and optimize End-to-End Supply Chains from raw materials to the final product throughout the whole product life-cycle.
- The Business Capability Analyst (BCA) role will be part of the PTS Business Capability Owner (BCO) Community. This is a community of business capability owners (BCOs) who are accountable for the systems, data and communities that support the plan to deliver business processes (processes associated with how we source, plan, schedule, make and deliver the products we produce in PT). They focus on continuous improvement and transformation of business processes and strategies with their site and global business partners. They also play a key role in shaping the future business processes being developed for the ASPIRE (SAP S/4 implementation project) . The BCA role will be supporting the BCO Community within the Plan to Deliver workspace and with their process improvement and transformation activities.
- In this BCA role, you will act as a deep subject matter expert in business processes (with a primary focus on Manufacturing Operations) and associated system(s), with demonstrated process improvement skills, including Lean / Agile. Together with the Business Capabilities Owner (BCO) community, you will be driving continuous improvement in the business process and related system(s) and data. You will develop technical options and analysis in partnership with the BCOs. You will help to lead process improvement events and participate in larger process improvement and transformation related projects. You will also be empowered to act as a BCO delegate as needed by the relevant BCO.
- You will create global business process documentation (including policies, system requirements, training material, network SOPs, business process instructions) reviewed with the Business Capabilities network and approved by the relevant BCO. You will partner with fellow BCAs, BCOs, internal and external customers, and suppliers to contribute to the implementation of End-to-End solutions that optimize performance across functions and processes. You are accountable for supporting process execution to keep it harmonized and aligned across the different organizations. You apply Lean methods in daily activities and constantly display PT Behaviors.
Your key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Actively supports the Business Capability Owners, and collaborates with fellow Business Capability Analysts, Business System Owners, SMEs, IT, functional organizations and others as appropriate to drive delivery of continuous improvement initiatives and transformation projects.
- Acts as a delegate to the Business Capability Owners as needed on ASPIRE (SAP S/4 implementation project) and transformation related projects.
- Contributes to options analysis and design of solutions to resolve Plan to Deliver related process, system, performance indicators and/or data concerns.
- Provides troubleshooting support to the BCO business process communities. Provides training for end users, submits remediation requests for system issues through the appropriate channels and escalates process, system or data design problems or improvement opportunities to the BCO.
- Supports the Business Capability Owners in authoring appropriate documentation of the desired state of processes and associated systems, data and analytics at the appropriate level. This includes process flows, process instructions, training material, system requirements and business rules (i.e. for data or reporting).
- Acts as a data steward for KPIs / PHIs and Analytics as needed for core processes.
- Teamwork & Communication – Contributes to an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation.
- Mindset - Embodies PT lean principles and methods while fostering a mindset of quality, innovation and continuous improvement throughout the organization by encouraging experimentation and learning. Is an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindset to new opportunities.
- BS/BA in a technical/scientific, business, supply chain or pharmaceutical field
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- APICS and/or SCOR certification is a plus
- Completion of formal training courses and seminars in business process management, supply chain, information systems/technology is desired
- 5+ years experience in business/operations support in either Manufacturing, Production Planning / Scheduling, or Warehousing/Logistics is mandatory, including experience with associated business systems and data
- Experience in Business Process Excellence and in applying LEAN or Agile methods and tools preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Cross-cultural experience is preferred
- Ability to collaborate across organizations and cultures
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with an ability to recommend solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Well organized and able to manage multiple demands and commitments
- Open minded to standardization, centralization and speed
- Can-do (differently) attitude and acts with a sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Able to use quantitative and qualitative approaches to address business problems
- Exhibits a passion for high quality and strives for continuous improvement
- Able to use data to support change in business practices and processes
- Strong knowledge of data lifecycle management and commitment to a data ownership mindset
This position is open to those applicants who have are eligible to work in Canada.
Not eligible for relocation assistance.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
We understand that some individual’s common name or gender may not coincide with the information indicated on their identification. We are committed to providing a confidential and dignified experience for all Gender Diverse applicants at the background check stage.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer. Roche is committed to equity in access to employment and is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ and Gender Diverse persons, neurodiverse individuals and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Roche Canada People & Culture Representative.