Job Profile Title: IT Portfolio Manager
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
At Roche, we believe every employee makes a difference. Therefore, your mindset and behaviour is as important to us as your experience and capabilities.
We ask you to bring your unique experience and personality to the team so we can celebrate a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
If you are interested in helping us transform into a more open, dynamic, transparent, inclusive, collaborative and agile team – this role is for you.
IT Portfolio Manager
Ensures Group Infrastructure and Solution invests in projects, products, programs and initiatives that drive business value and innovation, and accelerate the speed in getting our medicines and diagnostics to patients through enterprise thinking and cross-portfolio awareness. Ensures ongoing transparency to key information that allows Leaders to make better decisions faster and enhance organizational agility. Drives common understanding on value and priority for all activities. Builds Roche’s capability to execute strategy and complex programs reliably across a broad set of work structures (products, waterfall projects, agile projects, etc).
Portfolio Management Tasks
- Contribute to the strategic vision, and then enable excellent delivery for activities within the portfolio to deliver that vision
- Provide needed investment advice that understands our business and technology context and priorities.
- Create an integrated view to help others see how their work impacts or is impacted by others.
- Report progress of the portfolio to senior management with specific emphasis on business objectives delivery, efficient resource deployment, effective risk and issue management, portfolio volatility with respect to scope and quality changes, and process improvements
- Create project business cases, identifying the business impact, the probability of satisfying business needs, the anticipated business benefits, and the risks and consequences of failure
- Create lean processes and templates to enable efficient product, project and portfolio delivery
- Act with constant curiosity about processes, activities and strategy and ask good questions.
- Flexibly shift between Executing, Coaching, Consulting, and Brokering postures depending on the context and partner need.
- Measure, review, and audit project, and product delivery
- Identify and plan systematic corrective action to reduce errors and improve the quality of our activities through root cause examination
- Consistently measure the benefits of our investments.
- Direct and lead improvement programs while ensuring new methods and tools are adopted by users
- Take part in professional activities and development outside the organization to bring out outside view in.
- Exhibits strategic management skills in a wide variety of contexts
- Builds and sustains effective relationships, particularly with partners
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, communication, and presentation skills
- Able to understand, explain, and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in a persuasive and convincing manner
- Able to analyze and explain the risks involved in using, or not using, solutions to business or organizational problems
- Hands-on experience in project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
- Has proven project management and leadership skills and a good knowledge of business analysis
- Has achieved proficiency in the roles of scrum master, project manager, and program manager (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated success in creating clear insights from portfolio data using
- Strong process and detail orientation
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting interests within a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to work within a virtual or geographically distributed team of project managers and portfolio analysts
- Demonstrated influencing skills in a global environment
- Minimum Requirement: BS in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent degree
- Preferred: postgraduate qualifications at a Masters or PhD level
- Expert knowledge in area of expertise and preferably a broad IT experience
- Industry recognized certifications in the relevant area are a plus (e.g. Scrum.org, PMI, PRINCE2, ITIL, TOGAF, etc.)
This position is open to those applicants who have are eligible to work in Canada.
Not eligible for relocation assistance.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
We understand that some individual’s common name or gender may not coincide with the information indicated on their identification. We are committed to providing a confidential and dignified experience for all Gender Diverse applicants at the background check stage.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer. Roche is committed to equity in access to employment and is a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ and Gender Diverse persons, neurodiverse individuals and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Roche Canada People & Culture Representative.