Global Customer Support (GCS) is the global organization responsible for technical services in Roche Diagnostics Division. Approximately 500 GCS co-workers are building a worldwide network of support and training centers, which educate and provide assistance to local and regional service staff in the Roche Diagnostics affiliates and its external distributors.
We are looking for Laboratory IT Specialists for the migration of our cobas IT Middleware Solutions. In this very versatile position you will enable and accelerate the migrations to cobas infinity 3.x and cobas infinity POC IT solutions in close collaboration with our regions and affiliates. This migration of legacy IT solutions represents the starting point to facilitate the future evolution of Roche IT solutions.
What you can expect of this position:
To work in a global environment
To participate in the creation of a new team in an open and motivated environment
Responsibilities of the position:
For the selected migration projects,
- Execution of migrations and new installations (remotely or on-site) in alignment and close collaboration with the local affiliates
- Contribution of positive feedback loop and to continuous improvement by evaluating effectiveness of migrations
- Contribute to the requirements packages for Tools, Processes and Products
- Contribute to the creation of training material
- Contribute to constant knowledge flow by sharing best practices combining knowledge from medical laboratories and their workflows / process with product knowledge
- Provide technical product support and expertise to our local affiliates for our laboratory information solutions (remote or on-site)
- With your knowledge of laboratory workflows you understand customer needs and build a bridge between customer and technical departments like development and 3rd level support to ensure fast resolution of customer requests
- Maintain contact and communication with our local affiliates with the objective to achieve a high standard of customer satisfaction
- Act as trainer and mentor for future team members
The following qualifications are required to be successful in this role:
- You have an education/degree as an IT professional or Clinical Biochemistry or Medical-technical background with an interest in IT.
- Your communication skills, especially in English, are essential
- Working in a customer-oriented and international environment motivates you and you are open to international travel (~30%)
- You have explicit analytical skills and enjoy troubleshooting / solving customer requests
- You look forward to working i n a team of specialists and manage assigned tasks with growing responsibilities
Following knowledge and experience are additional assets
- Knowledge in Microbiology, Hematology, Clinical Chemistry and other clinical disciplines
- Experience in medical laboratories, their workflows and an overview on analyzers
- You have at minimum 5 years of experience in laboratory diagnostics and/or service & support for IT products
Hiring Manager: Carlos Chavez
Location: St. Cugat
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.