The National Account Manager (NAM) will be directly responsible for the time sensitive market development and implementation of the coverage and reimbursement strategy that will maximize affordable patient access and optimize Roche Diabetes Care (RDCI) Integrated Personalized Diabetes Management (iPDM) Strategy: Product and H&DS profitability. The NAM will be responsible for minimizing and/or removing barriers associated with patient access RDCI product(s) with target National payer accounts. This candidate will manage payer and customer key stakeholder relationships and will work to maintain patient access. Responsible for leading the generation of sales, contracting and Roche relations for an assigned set of named national Managed Care accounts in support of the Roche Diabetes Care business. Assigned to large, complex, high visibility, strategically important accounts. Additionally, may assist in developing and implementing national sales campaigns and sales strategies for targeted accounts. The position requires significant levels of sales proficiency as well as specific industry experience.
Some barriers to entry typically exist at this job level. Distinguished by additional specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth with commercial insurers, supporting regional account managers with the Regional local affiliates of National payers, and may include some local government entities. Based on wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company strategies to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Represent Roche Diabetes Care in the managed market environment from a National perspective.
Viewed as an expert in the field. Has expert level knowledge of company products and services and tasked with introducing new products and solutions. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Requires significant internal HQ team knowledge and collaboration across multiple functions within the sales and HQ organizations.
- Assume an active leadership role during the collaborative development and implementation of sales strategies to attain assigned access/sales objectives.
- Utilize strong product/market knowledge, sales experience and financial acumen to manage complex business challenges and resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Continuously build knowledge of current industry trends, payer landscape, competitive information, and industry/technical knowledge and share with other Roche colleagues.
- Retain, extend, and acquire customers through effective identification of opportunities and the creation and implementation of solutions.
- Establish and build strong client relationships that allow for growth, profitability and predictability. Communicate with other relevant Roche functions to ensure needed sales support and delivery of programs/products.
- Experience delivering strategy business reviews to senior leaders and the commercial team effectively shaping business and account strategy and the execution plan.
- Provide input to payer marketing on overall market strategy including feedback on the “national market strategy.”
- Adhere to and effectively communicate contract strategy, contract compliance, development, claims analysis, execution and ongoing tracking and management of contracts for our targeted top national commercial payers and insurers including ROI assessments and scenario planning.
- High ethical standards and adherence to compliance practices consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations to senior/executives in accounts and at Roche HQs
- Leadership executing strategy with collaborative partners in Marketing, market access, commercial operations, training, etc. to align and accomplish defined objectives.
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills in regional/national payer accounts
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Demonstrates strategic planning and organizational skills; ability to prioritize, adapt, and execute strategic account plans and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to fly or drive to target customers up to 70% of the time
- Business and Financial Acumen: Market and Customer insights, Payer Landscape, Contracting (manage Gross to Net)
- Field sales management/leadership experience and documented success that includes high level of engagement with commercial stakeholders in HQ
- Credibility with regional/national payer accounts as subject matter expert to gain accelerated access to key decision makers and influencers with time efficiency
- National Account Manager managing Commercial, Medicare B/D, Medicaid channels
- Existing relationships within target accounts: CVS, Humana, Anthem
- Executive Presence – emotional intelligent executive that enhances our collaborative culture; ability to project confidence and competency; present effectively; influence an audience.
- Prior track record of obtaining optimal, profitable access and/or removing access barriers within large National payers (especially in aforementioned account targets)
- M.B.A or similar
- Experience in diabetes, cardio-renal, and/or metabolic areas
CO applicants are not eligible.