Roche Diagnostics Belgium (RDB) is looking for a talented Key Account Manager who masters advanced consultative selling skills. Someone who is able to sell a perspective instead of a product, putting the customer in the center.
The Key Account Manager will be responsible for around 6 strategic accounts or networks in the French speaking part of Belgium.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Key Account Manager is part of the Sales department’s leadership team. S/he is responsible for building an account plan per strategic account/network and will lead towards being successful for both Roche and our customers. The sales are done at a high strategic level and in line with the Sales and marketing Strategy.
- S/he masters the relevant diagnosis technologies, competition offerings, R&D trends and opportunities.
- S/he is hungry for developing and closing new opportunities and spends the majority of the time with the customers, intimately knowing their needs (underlying needs), opportunities and future plans.
- Able to discuss with different stakeholders and will connect the dots to build a strategy for the specific account/network .
- S/he works closely with the whole sales organisation including Key Account Managers, also other teams such as Market Access & Medical, Marketing, Consultancy, IT & Data Solutions, Customer Support, etc.
- Implements and drives the proper use of sales reporting and monitoring tools.
Roche Leadership Commitments
Firmly believes that each person at Roche deserves a great leader. Strives every day to lead by example, consistently demonstrating the values of Integrity, Courage and Passion.
- Takes a genuine interest in people.
- Listens carefully, tells the truth, and explains “the why”.
- Empowers and trusts people to make decisions.
- Discovers and develops the potential in people.
- Strives for excellence and extraordinary results.
- Sets priorities and simplifies work.
- Congratulates people for a job well done.
The ideal candidate masters advanced consultative selling skills at the customers, going beyond the product, focusing on bringing perspective. S/he is able to team up with our full RDB organisation and brings the right positive mindset leadership into the projects, hunting for opportunities.
The Key Account manager is able to prioritise and focus on the key opportunities.
- Track record of success in sales positions; ideally in the field of medtech/diagnostics. You can demonstrate solid sales records, strategic acumen and main achievements. Key account management role preferred.
- Several years of experience in at least one of the following fields: clinical labs, pathology labs or life science.
- Strong knowledge of strategic selling skills and advanced customer relationship management skills. You have commercial talent and you are sales minded, you show strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Strong customer communication skills: capability to listen to and understand the customer, to create enthusiasm, to create needs and to respond adequately to the needs of customers
- Agile mindset: the set of attitudes supporting an agile working environment. These include respect, collaboration, improvement and learning cycles, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change.
- Positive mental "doer" attitude with a hands-on promptness in decision making.
- A dynamic, high energy and self-starting individual who inspires teams through natural leadership and passion, energising those around him/her.
- University degree in a scientific or business field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Fluency in French and English is preferred, both verbal and written.