Global Head of Technology and Translational Research, Product Development Immunology / Inflammation (I20)
Immunology / Inflammation (I20) Digital Tools and Therapies: Accountable for developing and implementing the Immunology / Inflammation (I20) approach for digital tools and therapies, including validation of new digital biomarkers / outcomes and the development of digital therapeutics either as stand-alone or in combination with a pharmaceutical.
Translational Research (Strategic Innovation): Accountable for working closely with the I2O Project teams to identify and incorporate novel technologies and methods into Product Development Clinical Science I2O trials; Partnering with the Roche and Genentech Research and Early Clinical Development organizations, Product Development Personalized Healthcare, US Medical Affairs and Product Development Medical Affairs to identify and validate novel platforms and methods for testing in non-registrational trials; Implementation of translational approaches to understand the existing therapeutic landscape and explore data being generated through our clinical trials in I2O; Collaborations with internal and external partners in academia to build new opportunities for R&D and improve success rates in clinical trials.
Personalized Healthcare: Partner with the PHC Center of Excellence on the design and implementation of PHC Strategies in I20; Partner with internal stakeholders (Genentech and Roche Research and Early Clinical Development organizations, Product Development Biometrics, Personalized Healthcare and Partnering, etc) and external stakeholders (e.g. Real World Data Registries, companies) on important initiatives such as (i) building an accessible and comprehensive ‘big’ database (e.g. genomic, biomarker, clinical and imaging data), and (ii) innovative accessible analytical methods for large-scale data mining, with the ultimate goal of identifying new biomarkers and indications for our drugs.
- Accountable for building global working capability and establishing clear success metrics for the Team of Technology and Translational Research in I2O.
- Accountable for leading and managing the I2O Technology and Translational Research Team.
- Coach, manage and support employees to achieve business goals. Actively manage talent and career development.
- Maintain and develop a positive organizational culture, by promoting the values of Roche, with a focus on patients, science, and our people.
- Effective people leadership as demonstrated by the Leadership Commitments and PD Behaviors.
- M.D., M.D./Ph.D. or Ph.D. with board certification/eligibility in a disease area within I2O.
- Expertise in clinical drug development.
- 5+ years pharmaceutical/biotech industry drug development experience.
- 3 + years’ experience directly managing M.D. peers.
- Additional requirements and attributes:
- Experience leading the design, conduct, analysis, and reporting of clinical studies, including successful interactions with health authorities.
- Significant successful interactions with key opinion leaders/investigators.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and inspire a diverse group of medical directors and clinical scientists.
- Proven ability to effectively work in a cross-functional/matrix environment and successfully leverage external partnerships.
- Proven ability to positively and strategically influence employees at all levels and an accomplished record of leading cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, presentation, and communications skills (written and verbal) to effectively address all levels within an organization.