As a Backend Developer you will be responsible to build, maintain backend services using Java micro services technologies. You will be responsible for working with technical and non-technical staff to translate business requirements into technical requirements for execution. You will participate and give feedback in design and code reviews with other developers.
- Build, test and maintain back-end components, including security, data model and application logic, in line with software engineering best practices.
- Build services that interact with another components including AWS.
- Collaborate with internal and external teammates and stakeholders to build and improve back-end services.
- Draft architectural decisions together with the Tech Lead and explore new technologies.
- Take an active part in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other members of the team.
- Ensure quality of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
Key skills and experience:
- +5 years of strong back-end development experience (Java 8+, JPA/Hibernate/Rest API’s)
- Hands on experience in Spring boot, Monolith/Micro services/Serverless technologies
- Hands on experience with cloud technologies (AWS is a plus).
- Docker experience is preferred.
- Hands on experience with JBOSS Application Server.
- Hands on experience with Open ID flow.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Node.js with express.js is a plus.
- Testing (Unit Testing / TDD / BDD). Junit, Serenity (plus)
- Experience with Git / Gitflow
- Experience working with teams using continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing with two weeks iterations and agile software development tools (Jira, GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
- Good understanding of the agile software development process.
- Product orientated with a pragmatic approach
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent proficiency in English.