- Designs, plans, and executes studies in support of multiplexed PCR IVD test development utilizing established and innovative procedures.
- Applies scientific knowledge and accumulated experience to complete projects.
- Contributes to assessing new technologies that have potential to meet current and future diagnostics needs.
- Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals. Makes recommendations, and when appropriate, acts independently to resolve scientific problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve productivity of results. Ensures activities are consistent with project critical path, and responds appropriately to changing priorities.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and implements/documents process improvements. Integrates previous and current results to determine next experimental steps and the impact of long-range project goals.
- Presents findings at group or departmental meetings. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May assist in preparing summaries, memos, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Serves as a resource to other departments (e.g., Manufacturing/Operations, Quality, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Studies, and International Technical Services), provides timely response and follow-ups. Participates in the expeditious transfer of products and technologies by providing scientific knowledge and assistance.
- Work involves troubleshooting and resolving difficult problems in creative ways. Takes a new perspective on existing solutions, exploring and implementing new concepts and methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ph.D. in Biological/Life Sciences or related field; or B.S./Master's degree with 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with biological assay design and use of multiplex real-time PCR technologies.
- Experience with extraction and purification nucleic acids from clinical samples.
- Familiarity with MS Office, PowerPoint, and ability to learn new technical software rapidly.
- Must be organized, work accurately, and be comfortable working on projects with aggressive timelines.
- Assay development experience is highly preferred. Familiar with quality assurance systems and in vitro diagnostic regulations such as CE-IVD, CLIA, and FDA US-IVD is a plus.
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to take ownership and accountability of assignment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.