Responsible for labeling, inspecting and packaging of final container products with manual and/or automated packaging systems from distribution center to customer or clinical trial sites. May also set-up, change-over and operate labeling and packaging equipment. Responsible for data entry and imprinting computer generated labels. Maintains records and manufacturing/production area to comply with regulatory requirements, good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures. May perform initial check of completed documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the receipt, storage, and/or disbursement/delivery of finished goods, raw materials, and other supplies, and equipment. This may include hazardous materials such as solvents, radioactives, etc.
- Works independently to complete tasks, and records information in a timely and legible manner.
- Receiving - Oversees the receiving and/or distribution/delivery of goods and supplies for a specific site or unit. Inspects incoming goods, materials, and supplies, ensuring accurate quantities, traceable records, and suitability for use in production.
- Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department, or individual. Maintains manual or computerized records as required.
- Picking/Packing - Picks, packs and labels products/goods for shipment by receiving orders, retrieving products from storage area, and prepares products/goods for shipment. Handles returned goods in accordance with established procedures for the redistribution, repackaging, and/or retesting of the goods.
- Inventory/Storage - Replenishes stock as necessary to ensure an adequate supply of products, goods and/or materials to meet daily shipping/production requirements. Examines materials on an ongoing basis for correct lot numbers, quantities, expiration dates, and product damages. Performs physical inventory, and relocation and consolidation of stock. Assist with material destruction to ensure efficient usage of space.
- Shipping - Stages materials to be loaded onto trucks. Loads and unloads materials by hand or with mechanical equipment in accordance with DOT regulations. May transfer and deliver materials to and from storage area by hand, by driving a truck or by forklift.
- Laboratory/Manufacturing -Maintain rooms, laboratories or work areas stocked with daily supplies.
- Schedule the repairs and preventative maintenance as necessary and report malfunctions to supervisor.Monitor lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, input production data and other work-output data into appropriate network (e.g. SAP / LIMS) and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Depending upon area of assignment or primary focus, may perform various manufacturing and testing duties in addition to maintaining departmental stock rooms, log books, preparing buffers as needed/required which may also include, performing direct manufacturing activities such as bulk formulation, filling, sub-assembly and sample testing.
- Provide input for improving existing laboratory procedures. Interface with internal groups to assure laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and documents conform to established practices.
- Follows all established Corporate and regulatory safety and security procedures which include the handling of hazardous materials. Maintains a safe and clean area in accordance with GMP guidelines and OSHA regulations.
- Trains temporary/contract personnel or less experienced staff to ensure current procedures are followed.
- Laboratory and production job incumbents may be required to handle or manage hazardous wastes.
- All governmental regulations are to be followed.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Depending on area of assignment, ability to operate heavy equipment, postage meters, and various tools and office supplies required. QU
- H.S. Diploma / GED, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Valid driver’s license depending on area of assignment.
- Six months to one year in warehousing and/or distribution.
- Forklift experience may be required if applying for position in Inventory & Replenishment or Warehouse.
- 1 to 2 years. Handling hazardous materials.
- General Computer knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of OSHA, IATA, ISO, DOT, GMP, SAP and QSR desired