- Co-ordinate with SSC KL Finance teams (AP, GAMA, AR, TR, T&E, Compliance and Procurement) and execute month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely and accurate closure of accounts in compliance with month-end close checklist.
- Perform analytical review of profit and loss accounts and balance sheet, accountable for the financial accuracy of the affiliate’s Financials.
- Responsible of all Internal Controls of Financial Reporting (ICFR) documentation and internal controls matters, act as owner for the ICFR tools – INVOLVE and BWISE
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliation – follow up on open items and rectify any anomalies encountered.
- Submission other reporting packages accurately and within specified timeline i.e. Sustainability, Insurance reporting.
- Responsible of IFRS 16 Leasing related matters i.e SimSol /Planon .
- Review and provide approval for all manual journal entries for posting by SSC KL team.
- Responsible for all management accounting aspects i.e. Period cost allocation, COPA allocation, SSC allocation, etc.
Accounts Receivables / Accounts Payables
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Receivables – review and approve manual billings, review debtors ageing and determine follow up actions, ensure all sales related activities are reported timely and accurate.
- Responsible for all aspects of Accounts Payables – review and provide approval of AP related activities i.e. vendor invoices, payment, etc.
- Cash flow management - forecast current and future cash flow requirement and arrangement for necessary fund transfers (if required).
- Responsible for all treasury matters i.e. FX deal, credit facilities, payment request, banking matters.
- Managing of master data - Chart of Accounts, Cost Center, Profit Center. WBS, vendor & customer master data, UCI, etc.
- Preparation of statutory taxes calculations and reconciliation, including tax reporting and liaising with Tax Consultant.
- Preparation of audit related schedules and documentation, including liaising with the Auditor.
- Participate in any compliance audits and responding to audit queries.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation.
- Being the main contact person for SSC KL Finance teams for issue resolution for all financial matters.
- Being the main contact person for FM in the affiliates for all financial matters, requests and advisory.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- A degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Commerce or equivalent. ACCA, CPA Australia or other accounting professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in related field and minimum 3 years In accountant role / audit experience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices; financial reporting, audit and taxation.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably SAP and MS office tools.
- Meticulous, independent, proactive and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, expressing ideas and expectations in a clear and concise manner
- Proven track record of effective relationship and stakeholder management with diverse populations (customers, colleagues and senior leaders)
- Proficiency in influencing skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, changing and growing environment.
- The ability to operate effectively across diverse cultural and business environments.
- Able to commit for business travel when required.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Finance, Finance > Accounting