SAP Master Data Business Analyst (Business Capabilities Analyst)
Duration: Permanent/Full time
Product & Supply Chain Management (PTS) connects the different parts of Roche to ensure a reliable supply of our innovative medicines to customers and patients. We ensure worldwide reliable supply to patients connecting their needs to the Roche Pharma Global Supply Network. This network consists of Roche manufacturing sites, contract manufacturers, and external suppliers. We partner across Pharma to develop and execute agile product lifecycle and network strategies. We design and optimize end-to-end Supply Chains from raw materials to the final product throughout the whole product life-cycle.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Business Capability Owner for Master Data and Data Analytics. You will be a deep subject matter expert in the business process and associated system and data, with demonstrated process improvement skills, including Lean/DMAIC. Together with MDM Business Capabilities Owner (BCO), you will be driving continuous improvement in the business process and related systems(s) and data. You will develop technical options and analysis to support effective decision making by the BCO. You will lead Kaizen / Rapid Improvement Events and participate in larger process improvement projects.
You will create a global business process documentation (including policies, system requirements, training material, network SOPs, business process instructions, data rules) reviewed with the Business Capabilities network and approved by the BCO. You partner with fellow Business Capabilities Analysts, Business System Owners, internal and external customers, and suppliers to contribute to the implementation of End-to-End solutions that optimize performance across functions and processes. You are accountable for supporting process execution to keep it harmonized and aligned across the different organizations. You apply Lean methods in daily activities and constantly display PT Behaviours.
Your key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Support the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives in the Master Data Management Team by partnering with functional representatives and communities according to schedule and regularly reports status to stakeholders
- Contribute to options analysis and design solutions to resolve master data performance indicators and/or data concerns.
- Support the BCO in authoring appropriate documentation of the desired state of processes and associated systems, data, and analytics at the appropriate level. This includes process flows, process instructions, training material, system requirements, and business rules (i.e., data or reporting).
- Act as a data steward for KPIs / PHls and Analytics as needed for core processes.
- Participate in the Capabilities Communities. Facilitate meetings as needed.
- Identify and escalate issues. Support solution options analysis, make recommendations for resolution. Able to lead the implementation of improvement efforts (Kaizen or small continuous improvement).
- Actively collaborate with fellow Business Capabilities Analysts, Business System Owners, SMEs, IT, functional organizations, and others as appropriate.
- Teamwork & Communication - Contribute to an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, a sense of urgency, high motivation.
- Mindset - Embody PT lean principles and methods while fostering a mindset of quality, innovation, and continuous improvement throughout the organization by encouraging experimentation and learning. Be an active and visible change agent, promoting a flexible and open mindset to new opportunities.
We are looking for the following qualifications:
- A degree in computer science, engineering, information systems, or a related area of study, combined with at least 4 years of experience as a Business/System Analyst, specifically within the IT field and SAP ERP System.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of previous experience working in the areas of master data management, data stewardship, data governance, and/or data acquisition
- Hands-on experience with data profiling and metadata management, data structure classifications and workflow and processes
- Strong knowledge of material master domain including BOM, recipes, routings, resources, quality inspection characteristics, and quality inspection plans,
- Working with SAP Master Data objects and a deep understanding of the integration with SAP FICO, MM, SD, PP, and PM are required.
- Experience in the delivery of SAP MDM and MDG tool functionality in a project environment with the focus on Material Master Data
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Project management experience is preferred.
- The cross-cultural experience is preferred.
- Experience with Plant Maintenance data objects is nice to have
- Experience with RPA process mapping, documentation, and a tool is nice to have
- Ability to collaborate across organizations and cultures
- Strong technical skills and ability to contribute to the design, implementation, and sustainment of IT systems to support the Supply Chain
- Excellent understanding of data relationships and strong attention to detail
- Able to use quantitative and qualitative approaches to address business problems;
- able to use data to support change in business practices and processes
- Strong knowledge of data lifecycle management and commitment to a data ownership mindset
- Project management skills
- Well organized and able to manage multiple demands and commitments
- Can-do (differently) attitude and make it happen
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter and resume no later than January 26, 2021
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
NOTE: All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Business Process Management / Consulting / Support