Partners with marketing, sales, and sales training across all franchises to identify the critical gaps in current skill sets and develop targeted training to address these gaps. Provides expertise and consultation when participating with cross-functional teams. Impacts sales revenue and market share by improving the effectiveness and efficiencies of the sales team. Plans, develops, and coordinates product and skills training of a more advanced or complex nature. May have accountability for executing all field sales training in their area of responsibility (individual, regional or area meeting or National Meeting based) with focus on energizing the current field employee base and increasing the confidence level of new and existing field employees to perform above the bar of franchise ‘best practices’. Is often engaged in facilitating business strategy meetings, developing coaching tools, and managing special projects.
The Commercial Trainer - IT Sales, will enhance individuals and teams’ competencies by designing and conducting training programs that will boost performance to align with the company’s core values. This role is responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials, and for managing all phases of training interventions. Continuously evaluates ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes. They have specialized and in-depth, comprehensive knowledge and experience in a particular field or business area. Duties are varied and complex, often involving research, analysis, and solution development. Provides direction on issues of an area of expertise and assist department leadership in setting strategic direction. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of the field. Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Designs, develops, and delivers training for sales staff on company products and selling skills, including but not limited to negotiation, strategic selling, marketing messaging, value proposition, and competitive landscape as of IT. May provide feedback and coaching to subordinate trainers. May assist in facilitating workshops at National Meetings and New Product Rollout pieces of training and any area or regionally requested team meetings where intervention is asked for and determined to benefit the entire team. May provide feedback and evaluation through field travel to reinforce and assess the application of learning.
- Networks and interfaces with internal colleagues across all franchises to share information and best practices while remaining involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business Conducts training for sales staff to ensure technical product knowledge.
- Interacts with department and sales/marketing leadership to develop educational goals and course content. Partners with management and internal technical resources to ensure programs/materials are relevant and have a business focus. Creates a process to define and evaluate training/skill needs. Develops curriculum that addresses both short and long-term needs.
- Keeps abreast of training and development research, adult learning theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques. Provides guidance and direction regarding best practices and advanced techniques to Training Consultants and other staff.
- Partners with management across all franchises on developing strategic tactics, project plans, procedures, policies, training programs, and timelines for large scale and complex initiatives.
- Build internal and external relationships to facilitate optimal business partnerships, aid in knowledge and communication flow, and maintain assigned projects/plans. Provide subject matter expertise when championing change. Provide effective project management.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred or equivalent experience
- 5 + years relevant sales or equivalent experience (i.e., enterprise software sales, consulting and services; ideally in a pre-sales or support position; experience in the healthcare industry a plus
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of technical and market issues/factors
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- Strong selling skills demonstrating conscious competency as relates to complex sales (long sales cycle, multiple decision-makers, and critical financial justification)
- Knowledgeable about market dynamics (competition, customer needs, and solution-based offerings) – with the ability to transfer these skills via training and adult learning application methodologies
- Experience with curriculum development, course design, and training effectiveness
- Strong knowledge of training practices and principles and methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and meeting management skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Ability to simplify and present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Requires 20% field travel
- Familiarity with Core Laboratory Middleware solutions
- IT Network or IT Security knowledge preferred
- Two years of training experience or related people management experience
*This is remote role
*Colorado applicants are not eligible