Responsible for executing the sales strategies to grow revenue across business units for the assigned Clinical Research Organization (CRO) customer(s). Develops and manages customer relationships that expand Roche market share and book of business in assigned account(s). Manages sales activities and implements sales campaigns. The position requires significant levels of sales proficiency, account management, technical knowledge and expertise, as well as specific industry experience. Accounts are key, highly strategic to the long-term viability of the organization and have complex requirements. Studies marketing information to determine additional sales needs. Contacts and makes pre-planned sales presentations to assigned account(s). Assists in developing presentations, pricing structure, and new product positioning for market adoption. Promotes the sale of products to new and established account(s) to achieve sales objectives and greater market penetration. Assists clients in evaluating the economic potential of the business. Communicates marketing information to the field sales force to finalize sale. Plans, organizes, leads, and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration, and customer satisfaction.
Works closely with local US sales teams and global counterparts (BA, Franchise, and CRO Sales) to manage and support customer requirements (products, technical expertise, service, contracts, pricing, etc.) for key clinical trials in various countries, cultures, and time zones around the world.
A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions.
- Assumes an active leadership role during the collaborative development and implementation of strategies for country accounts to attain assigned sales objectives.
- Utilizes strong product/market knowledge and sales experience to manage complex comprehensive sales and resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Navigate and drive interaction with other functional areas, business areas, and global colleagues to ensure achievement of objectives with successful stakeholder management
- Develops and maintains executive suite relationships with assigned accounts. Serves as Roche Diagnostic’s leader in assigned accounts with clear accountability for C-suite relationship ownership.
- Develops and implements corporate strategy to achieve established revenue and financial goals for accounts that are key, highly strategic and have complex requirements. Viewed as an expert by the company and in the field
- Responsible for the development and presentation of comprehensive financial proposals and contracts (including responses to RFI, RFP, RFQ, etc.)
- Continuously builds knowledge of current industry trends, competitive information, and industry/technical knowledge and shares with other Roche colleagues.
- Retains, extends, and acquires customers through effective identification of opportunities and the creation and implementation of solutions.
- Establishes and builds strong client relationships that allow for growth, profitability and predictability.
- Communicates with other relevant Roche functions to ensure needed sales support and delivery of programs/products. May require Global stakeholder management.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
- Proven leadership abilities
- Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Strategic planning and organizational skills
- More than 5 years relevant sales or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of technical and market issues/factors
This is a field-based role, candidate can live anywhere in the United Sates