Plans, develops, delivers and coordinates in-house technical IT training curriculum, and specific course content, for technical field and in-house technical support. Designs IT training delivery methods to ensure overall effectiveness of the learning experience. Assesses measures and analyzes training effectiveness, and makes adjustments in training curriculum, content or setting as necessary. Prepares lesson plans relevant to training materials. Delivers IT training aligned to curriculum and materials. Analyzes course evaluation and participants’ job performance in order to assess effectiveness of training sessions and to implement suggestions for improvements.
- Works with others to assess existing learning & development curricula and specific programs and other offerings and compare/contrast with immediate-, medium- and longer-term business needs and strategic goals.
- Designs, develops and delivers technical IT skill training courses for internal technical staff (i.e. field & in-house technical). Develops test, visual aids, workbooks, handouts, multi-media, power-points and other training aids using sound instructional design methodology. Prepares lesson plans including training methods. Designs course outlines, and trainer notes. Delivers training via a variety of platforms including instructor-led classroom & laboratory lectures, virtual, and field visits when appropriate. Provides competency/skill feedback & coaching to trainees and management (if internal). Responsible to train the trainers in the delivery of the training materials. Conducts follow-up training and/or observations for internal employees in the field.
- Establishes objectives for, and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of the technical training activities. Makes modifications as necessary to ensure the training meets the educational goals. Integrates the technical content into the training program, translating the complexity of the materials into understandable training curriculum. Participates in product launch calls and prepares launch readiness materials to meet project timelines.
- Interacts with department and business area leadership to develop educational goals, and technical specifications for course content. Partners with management and internal technical resources (i.e. field engineering, GCS) to ensure programs/materials are relevant and have business focus. Develops a process to define and evaluate technical training/skill needs. Partners with management to build a comprehensive curriculum that addresses both short term and long term needs/goals. Works with peers/team members to ensure maximum leverage of existing resources, tools, programs, content, etc.
- As approved, conducts regular field visits, working with field employees and management one-on-one or in teams. Provides field consultation, team and/or individual coaching and development; enabling hands-on learning/development support to the assigned employee/management groups. Assists Marketing and Sales stakeholders with technical knowledge when and where requested.
- Actively pursues continued education and awareness of field feedback, product indication(s), updates and surrounding marketplace changes/developments, and uses where appropriate to incorporate into program and other learning event/activity facilitation, as well as provide such information to manager and team members for continuous departmental review/assessment of existing learning & development offerings. Serves as a resource to lower levels and departments on how to most effectively use learning methodologies and technologies to develop instructionally sound training programs and materials.
Who you are:
• BS/BA or a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• 3 years of technical work experience. (clinical laboratory, hospital, medical device manufacturing, pharmaceutical, military)
• Thorough understanding of quality system regulations and ISO standards
• Strong knowledge of training practices and principles and methods
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and meeting management skills
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
• Experience with curriculum development, course design, and training effectiveness preferred
• Ability to travel approximately 25%
*This is a campus-based role in Indianapolis, Indiana
*Relocation is available
*Colorado applicants are not eligible