Center of Excellence – Financial Analyst
As a member of the FCF Center of Excellence you act as the engine of FCF Group Finance, provide meaningful insights through providing information that matter, streamline processes, challenge the status quo and use incremental and exponential innovation to continuously improve how we serve the business. You are driven by the goal to provide outstanding service to business finance and business functions embracing an agile mindset.
Who we are
FCF Group Functions Controlling supports a wide range of Business Partners, including Pharma Informatics, Diagnostics IT, Group Infrastructure & Solutions, Group Functions IT, Global Procurement as well as Corporate Functions.
FCF is organized in two Chapters: Business Finance and Operations Finance. The Operations Finance Chapter is called Center of Excellence and is using its core finance & process expertise and financial compliance as a base for innovation, standardization, automation and simplification. To drive value we provide the best possible support to our colleagues internally (the Business Finance chapter), other finance organizations and the business itself. We strive to be a self-organized team that leverages agile tools and acts with an agile mindset.
What you’ll be working on
- Takes a lead in utilizing, synthesizing and integrating data to form insights that guide our results and strategies
- Provides state of the art analytics and innovative insights, resource allocation models and financial modelling tools
- Establish and maintain robust financial reporting systems, processes and financial controls to ensure integrity and reliability of financial statements and information.
- Provide meaningful business insights through functional and standard management reporting
- Constant review of our financial processes and procedures and recommend improvements and/ or new ways of working.
- Establish and develop meaningful and efficient management reporting, including automation and use of new technology
- Lead planning activities and balance planning simplifications with robust, fit for purpose information
- May support the local month end process for our functions, including but not limited to: accruals, prepayments, journal entries
- Partner with FCF Finance Business Partners to understand business needs and manage customer demand
- Support globally aligned and consistent processes across FCF and sites
- Act as Champion (SME) for one or more subject matter expertise area which includes:
- end-to-end accountability for SME area in question
- first point of contact in all matters related to subject
- initiate, coordinate and drive projects related to SME across Group Functions
- responsible to identify and train proxy
- provide training to FCF colleagues and FCF customers
The ideal candidate
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting concepts, processes and systems
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting, CPA or MBA preferred and at least 3-5 years of experience in a global finance/accounting environment
- strong analytical, quantitative and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and bring the agile ways of working, empowered decision making and creative mindset to life
- proven ability to coordinate processes within and across teams
- ability to simplify complex data and analysis and effectively communicate results to all levels of the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit and curiosity that is inspirational to others
- Strong system skills: SAP, Business Warehouse, Advanced Excel and proficient in other MS office tools, Advanced gSheet and proficient in other gSuite tools
- Experience in developing, maintaining and improving reporting platforms is a plus
- Experience with Capex, intercompany and cost allocations is a plus
- Knowledge in RPA, AI and other advanced technologies are a plus
To follow these Job accountabilities, I will live the Roche values and demonstrate an agile mindset which means to constantly challenge the status quo, feeling empowered to take bold but reasonable decisions, collaborate cross-functionally in informal networks and gaining efficiencies through focusing on the work that has the biggest impact.
This role can be filled as a full-time position (100%) but also has the potential for part-time opportunities in support of flexible working models.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Finance, Finance > Financial Planning and Analysis