2nd shift (3pm-11:30pm)
This position is eligible for a Shift Differential
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat Endorsement for the Operation of the Company Truck
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Must be able to wear protective equipment, such as eye, foot, lab coat, and dust mask.
A Candidate with organizational and problem-solving skills and able to organize large quantities of data, researching new initiatives, and coordinating long-term strategies is a plus.
Responsible for the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items as necessary. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment. Examines stocks and distributes materials to inventory and manufacturing lines. May prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
- Uses SAP to print product labels, issue goods, and track inventory. Maintains required logs, records and statistics.
- Be able knowledgeable with Software programs such as SAP, excel and other Microsoft programs.
- Follows established Corporate and regulatory safety and security procedures, which includes the handling of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a safe and clean area in accordance with GMP guidelines and OSHA regulations.
- Receiving - Receives, inspects and prioritizes distribution of goods, materials, supplies and/or products, ensuring accurate quantities and completing records. Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department or individual.
- Storage - Uses various types of material handling equipment (manual and automated) to move and store materials in accordance with established procedures and/or regulatory standards (i.e., DOT, OSHA). Stages materials to be loaded onto trucks. Inspects materials on a regular basis to verify correct lot numbers, quantities, code numbers, product damage, expiration dates, etc. Performs physical inventory, relocation and consolidation of stock. Assist with material destruction to ensure efficient usage of space. Replenishes stock as necessary to ensure an adequate supply of products, goods and/or materials.
- Picking/Packing - Selects, consolidates and packs products/goods for shipment upon receipt of order. Handles returned goods in accordance with established procedures for the redistribution, repackaging, and/or retesting of the goods.
- Transporting/Delivery - Transports materials, supplies and/or products. May drive vehicle to pick up or deliver materials/supplies. Transfers materials to and from storage area. Delivers packages and goods to appropriate department or individual.
- Shipping - Loads and unloads trailers and freight carriers by hand or with mechanical equipment in accordance with Dept of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Completes and ensures accuracy of records.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- High school diploma or GED, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work related experience required
- Less than one year of warehousing and/or distribution experience. Handling the receipt, storage and/or disbursement/delivery of goods and materials.
- Experience handling hazardous materials preferred.
- High School diploma, or GED, or related field, or equivalent combination or education and work related experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat Endorsement for the Operation of the Company Truck.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Warehousing and/or distribution experience required.
- Experience handling the receipt, storage and/or disbursement/delivery of goods and materials required.
- Have computer-based skills, excel, SAP and others.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Supply Chain, Supply Chain > Warehouse Distribution & Transportation