The role is responsible to provide Operation Portfolio Management to Business Area (BA) teams for efficient and effective resource- and risk management over all deliverables, which are jointly created and maintained, e.g. digital learning modules, user documentation. All parties provide different skills for the fulfillment and therefore need to work closely together and with aligned priorities.
The role is accountable to align and create a prioritized overview about timelines, resource requirements, interdependencies and risks for such joined operational tasks including the underlying product development projects & their operation after implementation. The role is responsible for that the joined operation is planned and then conducted in time, scope and budget.
- Provides an up-to-date overview of timelines for product development projects which need collaboration with resources from BA teams. Aligns upfront and continuously on activity- and resource planning to support the successful delivery on these tasks
- Provides a regular, if required acute risk assessment on this operational portfolio
- Develops and leads performance measures to generate evidence and business insights to enable operational efficiency, optimal decision-making and targeted communications to stakeholders
- Supports that the Knowledge & Learning Solutions (tools & processes) are in place with an innovation / state of the art mindset to meet user- and customer expectations and the business case in its
- - top line by a successful service launch and its impact on a successful commercialization
- - bottom line by cost management and efficient knowledge management and learning to prevent high cost service interventions by the Roche Diagnostics Affiliates in alignment with the divisional strategic goal of “A leader in digital diagnostics”
- Creates, implements and maintains Operation Portfolio Management overview including timelines, scope, priorities, budget/resources and risk assessment
- Applies this overview to continuously align with the collaboration partners to manage the delivery
- Supports the collaboration parties with analysis and data to provide a planning/risk overview with special focus on proactive communication.
- Provides strategic context to project teams to avoid misalignments amongst projects and to help create greater efficiencies
- Supports planning of new projects incl. prioritization in the overall portfolio
- Contributes to an open and transparent culture - dedicated to Customer focus, compliance and continuous improvement
- Will need to work across different time zones, in a cross cultural environment.
- Flexible to travel up to 25% of their working time.
Formal Training & Education:
- Project management certification or portfolio management certification (e.g. IPMA, PMI, PRINCE2)
- Tech.- or Scientific basic education
- Fundamental business principles
- Fluent in English, additional languages beneficial
Skills / Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Project Manager mainly in a matrix constellation Deep understanding of Diagnostics market, products and related regulatory requirements
- Strong organizational, methodological and communication skills
- Global Cultural awareness
- Track record of success in driving (and developing) a culture dedicated to customer focus, compliance and continuous improvement
- Successful contribution in a VUCA environment
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Business Services & Support, Business Services & Support > General Business Operations