Designs, develops, analyses, troubleshoots and provides technical skills during research and/or product development.
- Establish New Equipment and Processes - Uses technical and business knowledge and expertise to support Operations in the design, maintenance, scale-up, optimization, automation, trouble shooting and validation of manufacturing processes or equipment. Drives manufacturing equipment implementation projects throughout the full lifecycle of the project. This includes preparing equipment user requirements, collaborating with the supplier on the design of the equipment (including both the mechanical design and PLC logic), monitoring progress with supplier, and conducting acceptance testing for all new filling and packaging equipment.
- Plans and manages project activities for key IRT(Inventory Replenishment Team) projects. Defines specifications of diagnostic equipment and packaging components in accordance with manufacturing capabilities and marketing objectives. Applies engineering principles and financial expertise to improve diagnostic manufacturing performance, promote cost reductions and achieve optimum level of quality and efficiency. May direct personnel on specific projects.
- Package Development – Uses technical knowledge in plastic processing techniques (e.g. injection molding, extrusion, etc.) to lead changes to primary containers, closure systems and secondary packaging to maximize quality, throughput and minimize cost. Develops packaging components and materials according to market requirements and manufacturing capabilities. Investigates and resolves problems related to packaging component materials.
- Process Flow Analysis - Designs and/or performs studies to assist Operations in the monitoring of processes, equipment and facilities to optimize efficiencies, increase capacity, incorporate process changes, etc. Presents recommendations to IRT or Technical Teams.
- Manufacturing Documentation - Creation of a variety of documentation used to support product launches and manufacturing, including but not limited to filling records, packaging records, packaging development purchasing specifications and SOP’s. Initiate and oversee change requests and design change requests as needed.
- Leads a cross-functional project team for complex projects within operations. Monitors, facilitates and prioritizes activities to meet project schedules. Activities include: communicating project status and critical path items to Operations’ Management, develop and implement timeline plans, convening periodic meetings, issuing meeting agendas and minutes, monitoring team performance goals, and assisting in resolution of problems/critical issues. Works with and leads cross-functional team consisting of 5-10 people.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and a minimum of at least 5 years work-related experience.
- Strong experience in Manufacturing engineering principles, manufacturing equipment automation, plastic molding/extrusion, manufacturing process flow, analysis, diagnostic equipment and packaging components
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.