We are the IT center for Roche - a company in the top 10 largest R&D spends worldwide.
We do #Code4life, creating innovative software that helps doctors, patients and scientists around the world.
Are you a Data enthusiast who likes to dig into complex data flows and assets? Are you a ninja who is able to find elegant technical solutions for abstract problems? Do you have an ‘automate everything’ mindset? Are you not afraid to extend your skills and explore new technologies? We are looking for a Data Quality Engineer who wants to join our Team which specializes in data, information and insights.
Years of relevant working experience
Minimum 4 years’ of relevant experience
Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or related fields (or equivalent work-related experience)
- Analyze, build and automate data quality process in data oriented solutions
Explore new frameworks, tools and libraries to improve data quality practice in organization
- Data analyst skillset to understand healthcare data formats
Utilize data profiling to uncover data issues and perform rules-based assessments of data
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to develop data quality logic to apply to ELT/ETL and other automated processes based on defined business rules
- Build and roll out the data governance framework, with a focus of improvement on protection of sensitive data by building policies, standards and guidelines
- Builds and manages processes and tools to support Data Governance role in data issue management
- Increases efficiency in monitoring data lifecycle and disposal of data
- Ensure enterprise wide data accuracy, consistency and security
- Contribute to identification and execution of continuous improvement opportunities for Data Governance Program operations
- 4+ years experience with data engineering, data analyst and/or data quality assurance required
- Strong experience with end-to-end data testing &/or data analysis as well as knowledge of best practices & methodologies for data QA
- Strong experience with scalability, reliability, stress, interoperability, robustness and performance testing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL
- Experience with scripting (bash, python,, etc.)
- Experience with JSON, CSV, and other data exchange formats
- Thorough understanding of REST based services and experience in testing
- Proven problem solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to network and establish cross-functional relationships to work effectively with cross-functional teams to acquire knowledge, and drive system solutions
- Understanding DevOps
- Good knowledge of Data Governance areas
- Experience with NoSQL and BigData systems (MongoDB, Cassandra, Solr, Spark) is preferred
- Experience with Java and/or Scala preferred
- Excellent command of English with outstanding communication skills
- Experience in Pharmaceutical industry will be an added advantage.
Normal hours with flexibility to participate in virtual meetings outside of core business hours
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Application Development / Programming