Are you ready for your next exciting opportunity?
We create novel and highly differentiated medicines. As part of Roche’s pharma research and early development unit (pRED), we are at the “birthplace” of novel therapeutic antibodies and next generation biologics, such as bispecific antibodies or fusion proteins. Our ambition is to deliver such novel molecules to patients with game changing clinical benefit. We have an international reputation for making next-generation biologics that are successful in the clinic, yet we are still humbled by the complexity and effort required for this rewarding endeavor.
We are looking for a department head (m/f/d) with a keen interest and deep knowledge in drug discovery and development who will lead a diverse team of highly skilled people. The team applies in vitro and in vivo technologies for generating a rich antibody diversity and screens these therapeutic drug candidates in high-throughput disease-relevant assays.
The department belongs to a unit called Large Molecule Research within Roche Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED). The position requires networking with numerous functions within the global Roche organization to deliver novel medicines to patients.
The Job in a Nutshell:
This is a leadership position in a dynamic and international R&D environment. You thrive in challenges and shaping department strategy and vision with your team. Supporting your teams, seeking the best in every team member and continuous people development are second nature to you. You expand our leadership in pharma research by continuously innovating our technologies and by translating relevant disease biology into impactful therapeutic candidates for the benefit of our patients. You seamlessly interface with other modalities, disease areas and global functions and are part of a strong global research network.
The Main Challenges of this position:
- You contribute a strong growth mindset and provide leadership in an agile and fast developing R&D environment applying your expertise in shared leadership models and networked decision making to foster personal and organizational transformation.
- You contribute to governance boards to advance strategically our therapeutic antibody portfolio, integrate your team’s expertise, and have a keen understanding of the competitive space.
- You have excellent knowledge in therapeutic antibody diversity generation and high-throughput screening approaches, associated automation technologies and the underlying data architecture and position your department accordingly.
- You have a sound understanding of disease-relevant biology in indications pursued by our disease translational areas (oncology, inflammation, neuro- and ophthalmological diseases).
This is what we appreciate about our new colleague:
Team player: You enjoy working in a team where there are no single heroes. You embrace diversity, are purpose-driven and constructively challenge striving for the best solutions.
Innovator: You contribute, explore and implement new ideas. You take ownership, are able to engage people, and you regard change as an opportunity to grow.
Infinite learner: Continuously acquiring new skills is second nature to you. You have a deep passion for science and drug discovery as well as leadership development.
Requirements for this position?
- You are an empathic and experienced people leader in an R&D organization and you have a strong record of accomplishments in drug discovery building on a strong fundament of disease biology and therapeutic antibody engineering knowledge.
- You completed your university degree in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemistry, immunology, or pharmacy (PhD) with honors and have at least 8 years of experience in Pharma R&D.
We look forward to receiving your application!
For your application, please keep it simple. We only ask you for an updated CV and your relevant certificates. No motivation letter required. However, please allow us to get to know you by submitting a short essay (max. half a page) expressing your thoughts on the following topic:
“Providing leadership in a fast-paced R&D environment.”
Do you have any questions about the current application status or about the job in general?
Our FAQ provide answers to many questions. And if you haven't found the right answer, our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you!
You can reach us Monday to Friday from 9-12 am and from 1-4 pm by phone: 0621-759 68642.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Research & Development, Research & Development > Research