At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
That is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific detail, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
The Basel Branch Roche Diagnostics International, Diabetes Care employs over 100 people and is the head quarter of the business unit Diabetes Care. As a world leading supplier of system solutions for patients with Diabetes, the products provide health information to medical decision makers pivotal for early identification, diagnosis & monitoring.
The Global Evidence, Policy and Outcomes team is centered on providing expertise in the areas' evidence, real-world data, value-based healthcare and health policy for Roche Diabetes Care (RDC). As part of the Global Medical & Scientific Affairs department, we are committed to delivering innovative and credible evidence and policy solutions that enable sustainable access to our products for patients, health care professionals and payers.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Real World Data Scientist to help use RWD for internal strategic decision-making as well as supporting our products and offerings with Real World Evidence.
In this role, your key responsibilities include
- Generate a RWD strategy for RDC
- Identify RWD questions and solutions to support these, in particular with respect to support integrated evidence plans, strategic development, and VBHC and RWD driven access solutions
- Identify key affiliate RWD needs
- Work with “Solution Owners” to identify RWD needs
- Provide expert RWD solutions throughout all stages of product development through post launch
- Expertise in real-world database analysis to support value demonstration to patients, providers and payers
- Systematic evaluation and analysis of the evidence base to generate comparative efficiency data to support payer submissions and access solutions broadly
- RWD expertise to support integrated diabetes management on all aspects
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
- MSc or PhD in epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology or biostatistics
- Medical degree with focus on epidemiology and observational research
- Six or more years` experience in designing, conducting, analyzing and interpreting epidemiological studies
- 3+ years' in either the medical/diagnostics/device/digital/pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity with diabetes or other chronic disease area
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organization and Project Management
- Client management skills
- Presentation skills
- Independence and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English oral and writing
- Expert knowledge of epidemiological outcome research projects demonstrated through publications and presentations
- Expert knowledge of national and international health statistics, surveillance data and health surveys in defined disease areas, in particular their strengths and weaknesses
- Current knowledge in disease etiology, risk factors, trends in diagnostics and therapy, changes in disease definitions
- Understand how epidemiological data/RWD can be used for value demonstration to multiple partners including patients, payers and providers
- Understand the health care market(s) and the customers in defined disease areas
- Appreciate the diversity of working across multiple cultures and countries
- Familiar with the main secondary market research databases
Please note, that this role can be based either in Basel, Mannheim or San Cugat.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Do you have any questions? Please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.Information Technology, Information Technology > Digitization, Data and Insights